Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 03:09 PM

Re: Sajid Javid - Saviour or Self-Serving?

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Total bullsh*t!!! - Political asylum and the consequent 'refugees' has nothing whatsoever to do with the Schengen agreement but arose out of the 1948 convention. Thus, if Javid wants to deport them back to France from whence they came, there is nothing to legally debar him from doing so !!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_asylum
Impediment to expulsion,[1]*or*prohibition of deportation,[2][3]*are practical or legal barriers that prevents a country from enforcing an*expulsion*or*deportation*decision of a non-national. In some countries and cases, a person who has been*asylum seeker*but has received negative decision, may still be entitled to reside in the country where the person has applied for a*residence permit*due to such impediments, and may get a temporary or permanent residence permit. In other countries and cases, the person would be considered an*undocumented*(also known as illegal or irregular) immigrant, or may be in an undefined legal state.

Examples of impediments to expulsion in certain countries are:

The home country refuses to receive the person.The foreigner's identity was not established.Transport is not possible.Serious difficulties would arise due to the foreigner's health conditionNew*asylum reasons*occur after the deportation decision, with reference to the principle of*non-refoulement*in the international*Refugee Convention. The*European Court of Human Rights, referring to the*European Convention on Human Rights, has shown in a number of indicative judgments that there are enforcement barriers to expulsion to certain*
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 03:43 PM

Well I'd send them back to Iran yes if that was safe for them indeed I would. I find it hard to believe some of these countries are unsafe for the many many people travelling now. They can't all be oppressed minorities there are too many of them.

Yes we should pick them up and save their lives that's jusy humane, but they should be sent to last country they left IMO and I am pretty sure law allows that.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 03:53 PM

Total bullsh*t!!! - Political asylum and the consequent 'refugees' has nothing whatsoever to do with the Schengen agreement but arose out of the 1948 convention. Thus, if Javid wants to deport them back to France from whence they came, there is nothing to legally debar him from doing so !!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_asylum
That is why I began with stating Javid is preparing for brexit. Due to the fact schengen didn't apply, UK and france had/have a bilateral agreement. Basis of this agreement is the fact that both france and UK are in the EU. After UK returns immigrants to france, france in turn can send them to the country of,entry under the schengen agreement (france is a member).
That bilateral agreement, based on EUmembership of both countries, is void after brexit. If france does not want to extend the agreement, returning immigrants to france is of.
The situation france fundamentally changes. At present they don't have to keep the immigrants the UK returns. After brexit for immigrants brought by the UK are entering the EU in france. That gives immigrants the right for shelter in france, and france can't send them on. France has to pay for that shelter
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

04-01-2019, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well I'd send them back to Iran yes if that was safe for them indeed I would. I find it hard to believe some of these countries are unsafe for the many many people travelling now. They can't all be oppressed minorities there are too many of them.

Yes we should pick them up and save their lives that's jusy humane, but they should be sent to last country they left IMO and I am pretty sure law allows that.
If those young men are homosexuals, after returning to iran, they will be hanged.
And no, law prevents sending refugees, immigrants whatever you call them, back to the country they left from.
The law permits you to establish whether the country of origin is safe. You may return an egyptian to egypt, a pakistani to pakistan etc. BUT a pakistani may not be sent to afghanistan and vice versa. Trouble is, most immigrants have no pasport. If someone says he is from kachmenistan, how do you prove he is in reality from turkmenistan? You cannot send him anywhere before you are sure. In the meantime you have to give them shelter.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
If those young men are homosexuals, after returning to iran, they will be hanged.
And no, law prevents sending refugees, immigrants whatever you call them, back to the country they left from.
The law permits you to establish whether the country of origin is safe. You may return an egyptian to egypt, a pakistani to pakistan etc. BUT a pakistani may not be sent to afghanistan and vice versa. Trouble is, most immigrants have no pasport. If someone says he is from kachmenistan, how do you prove he is in reality from turkmenistan? You cannot send him anywhere before you are sure. In the meantime you have to give them shelter.
If they were all gay I am willing to eat my hat. Most of them are economic migrants.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
What do you think? Do you believe he is genuine, or yet another politician speaking with a forked tongue?
I'd go for the latter!

Like most politicians today, he talks, talks, talks.

If and when he actually does something definite, I might begin to take a little notice.

For now, though, it's just background noise and doesn't attract any of my interest.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 06:45 PM

Hi

Javid and others are positioning themselves for the leadership battle which will follow when May resigns.

Just standard political rubbish.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

04-01-2019, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Javid and others are positioning themselves for the leadership battle which will follow when May resigns.

Just standard political rubbish.
And while the country sinks beneath the waves, the politicians fight for who may stand at the wheel to bring the last salute.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Why is that our problem?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 10:09 AM

He's a member of the scumbag 'nasty party' Government - 'nuff said ???
No it's not it's a nothing comment .

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top