Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 10:09 AM

Re: Sajid Javid - Saviour or Self-Serving?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'd go for the latter!

Like most politicians today, he talks, talks, talks.

If and when he actually does something definite, I might begin to take a little notice.

For now, though, it's just background noise and doesn't attract any of my interest.
I agree JBR. What's happened since his fifteen minutes of fame?...... Nothing.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Why is that our problem?
It's not our problem but it is a standard excuse /reason now to claim political asylum
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's not our problem but it is a standard excuse /reason now to claim political asylum
Yes, so it seems you can claim asylum if your life is at risk or if you are gay.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
No it's not it's a nothing comment .
It's a boringly repetitive comment from a person who can only say one thing!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 02:47 PM

Yes, so it seems you can claim asylum if your life is at risk or if you are gay.
Depends on the country you are born in, so on fate.
I'm born in surinam (yes, my hair is curly). There being a limey was synonymous with being gay, because limes was not the only thing they sucked. When we came to the netherlands, stopping over in london, we had a hard time stopping my younger brother from being afraid of all those limeys.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-01-2019, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Depends on the country you are born in, so on fate.
I'm born in surinam (yes, my hair is curly). There being a limey was synonymous with being gay, because limes was not the only thing they sucked. When we came to the netherlands, stopping over in london, we had a hard time stopping my younger brother from being afraid of all those limeys.
Yes, I see that but if a country is against gays or curlies or whatever, that is that country's problem, not Britain's. We have enough problems of our own without worrying about the rest of the world. We send millions in aid to these countries whilst our own people die waiting for hospital treatment.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 03:58 PM

Yes, I see that but if a country is against gays or curlies or whatever, that is that country's problem, not Britain's. We have enough problems of our own without worrying about the rest of the world. We send millions in aid to these countries whilst our own people die waiting for hospital treatment.
Yes, that certainly feels unfair. Until you have been to one of those places on earth.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 04:07 PM

Yes, that certainly feels unfair. Until you have been to one of those places on earth.
Such places can sort themselves out as far as I'm concerned. We're not a charity for the world.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

05-01-2019, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Such places can sort themselves out as far as I'm concerned. We're not a charity for the world.
Many are former british colonies, stripped of their national resources by your ancestors. I'm from such colony, so know what I'm talking about.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 04:25 PM

Many are former british colonies, stripped of their national resources by your ancestors. I'm from such colony, so know what I'm talking about.
By my ancestors maybe, but not by me or anyone else I know.
History is just that and should not be continually dredged up for ever more. Many of these places are their own worst enemies. We should be looking after our own people / country as a priority.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top