Join for free
Page 28 of 28 « First < 18 26 27 28
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 01:12 AM

Re: Brexit - Can you ever please both sides?

Like I said it's been used by marxists, but I left out anarchists. I'm sure anarchists who wear that smiling fawkes mask use the term. The fact that Guy Fawkes actually wanted a Catholic revival for Britain totally goes over their head....
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 09:02 AM

Love her or loathe her, Margaret Thatcher had the EU spot on.

Quote.
In her 2002 book “Statecraft”, Mrs Thatcher pinpointed many of the arguments made by eurosceptics today and called for the “world to wake up” and stop “the creation of a European superstate”.

In a bold statement, she wrote: “The concept of Europe has always, I suspect, lent itself to a large measure of humbug.

“Not just national interests, but a great array of group and class interests happily disguise themselves beneath the mantle of synthetic European idealism.

“Thus we find an almost religious reverence for Europe accompanied by a high degree of distinctly materialistic chicanery and corruption.
unquote.

And that was 20 years ago.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
Love her or loathe her, Margaret Thatcher had the EU spot on.

Quote.
In her 2002 book “Statecraft”, Mrs Thatcher pinpointed many of the arguments made by eurosceptics today and called for the “world to wake up” and stop “the creation of a European superstate”.

In a bold statement, she wrote: “The concept of Europe has always, I suspect, lent itself to a large measure of humbug.

“Not just national interests, but a great array of group and class interests happily disguise themselves beneath the mantle of synthetic European idealism.

“Thus we find an almost religious reverence for Europe accompanied by a high degree of distinctly materialistic chicanery and corruption.
unquote.

And that was 20 years ago.
As I said before, TM is the complete opposite of MT.

Page 28 of 28 « First < 18 26 27 28

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top