Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 11:46 AM

Andy Murray -

The sight of Andy Murray snivelling on TV is enough to make you puke
What happened to Scottish stoicism ?
FGS man up man .
You are not dying you are just not going to play high level tennis anymore .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 11:54 AM

Re: Andy Murray -

Hoo bloody rah !!! - perhaps we will get some decent television programmes at end of June into July instead of that crap at Wimbledon !!!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 12:10 PM

I saw him crying this morning and thought how self indulgant the man is .

I had the tv down low so couldn't hear what it was about , i honestly thought someone close to him had died
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 12:17 PM

I thought l was being uncaring by switching my television off when he started snivelling as l can’t bear him.
The silence as he snivelled as everyone just watched was a bit of a strain.

Reading the previous posts, l don’t feel so guilty!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 12:33 PM

What a lot of unpleasant posts.

If your entire life has centred around your expertise in a particular field then...never mind, can't be bothered, but here's me thinking this was a caring forum!!

So he made a mistake agreeing to an interview...
Sometimes it's not until you open your mouth to speak that the emotion you're trying so hard to overcome swamps you.

But of course no-one here would know about that...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 12:50 PM

I was brought up to put on a brave face in public and save tears for the privacy of my own room. Was taught that from childhood - but I am not sure it was a such good lesson. Sometimes it can make one appear to be uncaring even when their heart is breaking.

Never having heard of Andy Murray I cannot presume to speak for him - but - if illness or just growing older has blighted his career it must be a bitter blow and media interviewers are not noted for their sensitivity.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 01:42 PM

I watched and thought how awful for him his one career he trained for from a very young age taken from him by pain in his hip. Must feel pretty rotten to have it taken from him like that, so I felt sorry for him welling up and not being able to keep it together. Hard hearted lot you are not to empathise with the man.

I hope he finds another passion can keep him busy now as he's still a young man.

BTW being brought up to keep emotions in was undoing of my husband and sent him into a tail spin ended up in a mental health facility last year, better to let it out than mess yourself up in that way.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 02:33 PM

Does this mean we will see less of his mother who is famous because her son was famous?

Every cloud has a silver lining.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 02:35 PM

They were saying on the news today that they couldn't imagine tennis without him. Whaaaat? Tennis players come and go and this huge-gobbed English-hating attention-sucking Scot will be replaced by another tedious limelight-hugging bore.

I bet his mum Judy is even more devastated.
She won't be a "celebrity" anymore, squeezing her cash from his fame.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 02:43 PM

Get off the fence Floydy...tell us what you really think

And you are right, tennis players come and go. And their mothers.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top