Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Besoeker
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 01:17 PM

Re: Yippee ! new car

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It has a picnic table in the back.
Ah, that makes all the difference!
Still not sure about the sports though......
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 10:48 PM

Re: Yippee ! new car

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Would I be right in imagining they have a better cheaper public transport system than here Bruce ? I think if I lived in a city I probably wouldn't drive at all but it's hard to get around without a car outside the cities here IMO
They do have excellent public transport but they want to keep cars off the road (it is a small island) so to own a car in Singapore you need a certificate which costs a lot of money and lasts 10 years.

A Singaporean friend explained it to me so it is a bit of secondhand information but I think it is basically right.

I have walked into Singapore across the Causeway as well as gone by bus from Malayasia (Jahor) but it is not something I would want to do everyday as so many of the workers do.

Personally I have have never quite understood the concept of giving inanimate objects names. My brother went mad with a Dynotape machine once many years ago when the world was still black and white and labelled everything in his car - Bertie Brake, Charlie Choke, Seymour Steering Wheel etc
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top