Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 01:23 PM

Clear Out.

Have you ever had one?

Did I say I was minimal?

I LIED!!.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	9242  
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 02:20 PM

Re: Clear Out.

I fight with being minimal all the time Pauline, but it's a bit of a losing battle. Sometimes - most often in Spring or when I can't get into my drawers and cupboards - I have a good purge and clear out. It hurts doesn't it?
I take most of my "decent" clear outs to our local hospice. They know me quite well now. Other stuff I'll try and give away to family or friends (this way I don't quite get rid of it and it may come back - e.g. unwanted furniture). I am a frequent visitor to our local tip with the serious junk. I'd rather give stuff away than take it to the tip because every time I go there I feel a bit guilty at all the things we chuck away and I come away thinking I must do better at re-cyling my unwanted things.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 02:36 PM

Well done! I have cleared my loft due to having new roof. I have three black bags full to go to the charity shop so far. The trouble is they make it as far as my car then I forget about them.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 02:53 PM

We moved house about three weeks ago. We lived in the previous house for twelve years. Amazing the amount of stuff you can accumulate in that time. The new house is bigger, more rooms, but less storage space. So we have bought some new shelving and things but we are also being ruthless about clearing out.

The charity shops will get donations of clothes, cookware etc.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 02:55 PM

Blimey Pauline. Was that all from you hand bag?
BritGuyUSA
United States
BritGuyUSA is male 

13-04-2019, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

I LIED!!.
God is up & drinking Godtea & watching you!!!

PS, don't you just hate silk flowers, they are so "last year" dahling!!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Well done! I have cleared my loft due to having new roof. I have three black bags full to go to the charity shop so far. The trouble is they make it as far as my car then I forget about them.

You'll remember about them when you can't see out the windscreen.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Blimey Pauline. Was that all from you hand bag?

YUP!!!....seriously LD,I live in a one bedroom house,and have had far to much furniture,I gave a lot to my son,just getting rid of a pine chest of drawers,giving it to the furniture helpline for free,..my problem is,where do I put everything that was in it,..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

13-04-2019, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I fight with being minimal all the time Pauline, but it's a bit of a losing battle. Sometimes - most often in Spring or when I can't get into my drawers and cupboards - I have a good purge and clear out. It hurts doesn't it?
I take most of my "decent" clear outs to our local hospice. They know me quite well now. Other stuff I'll try and give away to family or friends (this way I don't quite get rid of it and it may come back - e.g. unwanted furniture). I am a frequent visitor to our local tip with the serious junk. I'd rather give stuff away than take it to the tip because every time I go there I feel a bit guilty at all the things we chuck away and I come away thinking I must do better at re-cyling my unwanted things.

I can let things go easily,Aeroler,..the problem is,my son still has a lot of his stuff still here.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
YUP!!!....seriously LD,I live in a one bedroom house,and have had far to much furniture,I gave a lot to my son,just getting rid of a pine chest of drawers,giving it to the furniture helpline for free,..my problem is,where do I put everything that was in it,..
I have the solution Pauline ….. Buy another chest, maybe a bigger one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top