Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 02:14 PM

Professor Brian Cox: The Planets

Started on BBC2 last night. Five episodes, last night about the inner planets, Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars and how violent the early solar system was. Examined the very latest theories on the planet's, and the history of how the planets came to be.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 03:34 PM

Re: Professor Brian Cox: The Planets

I didn't see that Cinders, what time was it on please?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 03:57 PM

9pm, next Tuesday 4th on BBC2 Mups.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 03:58 PM

Thanks Cinders.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 04:34 PM

I missed the first episode but will catch up on iplayer. Cox is my favourite space explainer type person because I understand at least 90% of what he says which is great compared to others.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

29-05-2019, 04:43 PM

Enjoy LD, agree with you about his presentation style.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 09:47 PM

I watched this. It was really interesting. I had a mad dream about it. That all the planets are inside a globe and that some things in the globe are the opposite of everything else, but the same. (like the parallel universe theory). I didn't get much sleep! ie. that the answers are all there but we just cannot see them.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I watched this. It was really interesting. I had a mad dream about it. That all the planets are inside a globe and that some things in the globe are the opposite of everything else, but the same. (like the parallel universe theory). I didn't get much sleep! ie. that the answers are all there but we just cannot see them.

That sort of stuff is for the morning, not the evening.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I have always been interested in the parallel universe(s) theory. Apparently there are points in your life where you are able to jump to another.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have always been interested in the parallel universe(s) theory. Apparently there are points in your life where you are able to jump to another.
That would be fabulous, to jump to the other, unless it's worse than here of course!

I was watching the Society the same evening that I watched Brian Cox and had the dream. I think it was down to a combination of the two.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top