Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 07:36 PM

Re: Kindle recommendations wanted

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
If you Google "which report on kindles" you'll see waterproof ones.

You can join Which just for a month for £1...great way read in-depth reviews that will guide your choice.
Thanks and apologies for not responding sooner - I've just paid my £1 and am reviewing 4 kindles..............now I've looked again at your post there are loads more posts to read through..........very soon!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I have a Kindle paperwhite which is A5 size. It's got a good antiglare screen but it's not waterproof, don't know of any kindles that are. You may be better with some kind of Kindle HD tablet if you're wanting audio playback but then again they aren't waterproof.
I've been comparing various Kindles on Which, and think I'm going to settle on the Kindle Paperwhite which seems to fit the bill. The one on sale now IS waterproof and also has audio.

The Kobo Forma and Aura H20 were also good, but more expensive, no audio and heavier.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

05-06-2019, 07:25 PM

I have a Kindle paperwhite which is A5 size. It's got a good antiglare screen but it's not waterproof, don't know of any kindles that are. You may be better with some kind of Kindle HD tablet if you're wanting audio playback but then again they aren't waterproof.
A question please Judd - does the Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2018 need it's own power adaptor? There's a comment on Amazon which suggests it does - and you have to buy it separately or in their bundle which includes a case.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
A question please Judd - does the Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2018 need it's own power adaptor? There's a comment on Amazon which suggests it does - and you have to buy it separately or in their bundle which includes a case.
I hate it when companies become so greed that they can't supply an adaptor for free. With the originals it came free.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 10:43 PM

Lindyloo, occasionally I do a search for 'free books', the vast majority of them are rubbish but you do get the occasional bargain. I normally spend an evening downloading any that sound interesting and read them at a later date. If you go back to them in future, they quite often become chargeable.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
According to the blurb, it comes with a USB lead that you can plug into a computer or if you have a USB charger you can plug into that. Mine came with it's own charger.

If you haven't got a USB charger, they're cheap enough to buy, I've just got an extra one from home bargains for under a tenner.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Lindyloo, occasionally I do a search for 'free books', the vast majority of them are rubbish but you do get the occasional bargain. I normally spend an evening downloading any that sound interesting and read them at a later date. If you go back to them in future, they quite often become chargeable.
Look here for free books:

https://www.gutenberg.org
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-06-2019, 11:07 PM

According to the blurb, it comes with a USB lead that you can plug into a computer or if you have a USB charger you can plug into that. Mine came with it's own charger.

If you haven't got a USB charger, they're cheap enough to buy, I've just got an extra one from home bargains for under a tenner.

When I changed all the sockets in the house I invested in a couple of USB sockets. They are quite cheap now aren't they.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

06-06-2019, 07:04 AM

Thanks Judd and Longdogs. No doubt I'll be asking for more help soon!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-06-2019, 12:16 PM

Look here for free books:

https://www.gutenberg.org
Thanks Judd that looks interesting. Do you load them onto your Kindle? I'm just getting used to WIN 10 so I'm not sure what it can do at the moment.

Would be nice to filter out all the trashy ' I slept with the billionaire's butler' type books.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top