Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 04:27 AM

Free Video Editor

I don't really do videos except on rare occasions and previously, on those rare occasions, I have used a paid program from Coral which was relatively cheap when I bought it many years ago but which my use really doesn't justify even that expense.

The other trouble with the paid program is that it only works on one machine but I wanted a program for my laptop when I am travelling and after a bit of Googling involving the words 'free video editor' and 'review' I came across Shotcut. It is an open source program (always the best sort) with no restrictions or watermarks unlike many trial 'free' programs.

It is not particularly intuitive but there are plenty of tutorials for it on Youtube.

I have only been using a few days but it is quite good, simple but good. Below is my first effort with it from some dashcam footage. Not much editing, it is made up from three, 1 minute clips, topped and tailed, title added and sound track changed (the original had copyright music on it). Basically to get used to the controls and procedure, as I say it is not particularly intuitive.

Anyway I am not displeased with it and I am slowly getting familiar with the software, its foibles and its limitations. I would recommend saving your work often - not that it has failed on me yet. It is pretty fast on my laptop with no annoying lag.

I am also experimenting with Youtube clickbait.

Shotcut is available here if you are interested in trying it:

https://www.shotcut.org/download/
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 08:38 AM

Re: Free Video Editor

You should just have told them to moove!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 09:16 AM

Oh well done. You'll be vlogging next.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Oh well done. You'll be vlogging next.
I can't see that, my blog is quite enough but sometimes I like to add the odd video..

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top