Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 07:23 PM

Re: The New Prime Minister

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
There are no EU laws that cannot be superceded by Parliament.

Obviously The EU can respond as it decides should the UK Parliament pass legislation to contradict EU laws but , as a sovereign state where Parliament is pre eminent, EU law is merely tolerated by the UK..
Not in this world and this time.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You are a law enforcer, not a jurist, and it shows.

International law is a body of rules recognised by states or nations as binding upon their mutual relations, including their relations with international organisations. International law is usually incorporated in agreements between sovereign states, and/or derived from such agreements.

Although*EU law*may be regarded as a specific form of international law, the main body of EU law has some particular features which usually do not appear in international law: in particular, citizens can invoke rights guaranteed by EU law before courts in the EU Member States, whereas international law usually needs to be transposed into national law before citizens can plead it. Also, EU law often prevails over the law of the EU Member States. This is why this Portal has separate pages for EU law and international law.

https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_...l_law-10-en.do
Hi

You are correct.

I am a Law Enforcer, not a Juror.

To be a Law Enforcer, you have to understand the law

If you step outside the Law, you lose.

You lose on the technicalities.

I have over 400 successful prosecutions, I have lost 2, both my fault, I stepped outside the Law and lost on technicalities.

You do not understand the Law.

A simple example.

Merkel opened the Borders, an illegal act.

Merkel and Juncker then insisted that other EU States take those Economic Migrants Germany did not want and would have Sanctions used against them.

Not on, totally wrong.

The EU has rigid rules about the Eurozone, both France and Germany have broken them for years and no action has been taken.

The EU has however taken action against others who have.

The EU is as bent as a banana, I want no part of it at all.

I would have preferred to stay in and use our power to change it.

Our rubbish Politicians did not do so, so out we go.

I will not be ruled by a Political Elite, my vote is just as important as theirs.

We voted Leave, that is that.

The fact that our Politicians are useless Prats is irrelevant.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You are correct.

I am a Law Enforcer, not a Juror.

To be a Law Enforcer, you have to understand the law

If you step outside the Law, you lose.

You lose on the technicalities.

I have over 400 successful prosecutions, I have lost 2, both my fault, I stepped outside the Law and lost on technicalities.

You do not understand the Law.

A simple example.

Merkel opened the Borders, an illegal act.
Like I said, it shows. As a civil servant you need to have a working knowledge of law, finances, economics etc. So I do understand public law.

Being a sovereign country it was legal policy for germany to admit the syrian refugees (approx 1 mln), the circumstances at that moment being extraordinary. There still are 600.000 syrians in germany.
That germany requested other countries to take their share was quite normal, solidarity being one of the major fundaments of the EU.

You are right however on the difference in attitude brussels takes to applying measures against irregularities in the eurozone. The only way to change that is from within.
For you the UK has passed that station, I'm still hoping on some sense within your politicians.

As to the weight of your vote. What exactly is for you the political elite? I suppose it is not the HoC etc?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top