Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 07:18 PM

Re: What Everyone Seems to Have Forgotten About the Odious Jo Brand

Originally Posted by galty ->
You are so right on that.

Just look a Kathy Griffin and her vile so called humour.
Agree
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
You are so right on that.

Just look a Kathy Griffin and her vile so called humour.
Don't like her either.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 09:15 PM

Lots of women do get acid thrown at them.Very stupid remark from an unfunny comedian.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
You can actually get rid of the smell . Apply White vinegar to a cloth and rub vigorously It does the trick,I’ve used it on carpets .

I’ve never been able to stand Jo Brand btw ,Farage was correct .
There's a not so subtle difference between a cashmere suit and a carpet!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 11:25 PM

I used to think she was very funny. I think she is just older and getting too political. She is not stupid. She is one to stick two fingers up at convention.

But I don't think it's a good idea for comedians to cross over into politics. It never works out for them because most people do not have a sense of humour about politics.

As for hypocrisy, how many politicians are innocent of that? Perhaps she didn't mean to stir the pot quite so much but it's certainly got (all sorts of) people talking.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
You can NEVER get rid of the smell, and with a decent suit now costing well over a grand it's no joke.
Why anyone would need a suit that costs over a grand is beyond me.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 05:21 AM

We are all getting too politically correct. ...yes in the cold light is day it was a daft thing to say but it was said in jest and backed up with of course I wouldn't do it....the audience laughed...lighten up for goodness sake.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 06:52 AM

The trouble is, this is where I think the coverage by the media is all wrong.

I hadn't listened to the original 'joke' so was ignorant of it until it erupted on here and on the news.

Last night it was on both the news and on Question Time. This morning it has been on the news three times already.

The original remark was on an obscure radio show. Few people would have heard it. Now the whole country has heard it, over and over, and who knows if it has given any nutter any ideas?

That's my worry.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Why anyone would need a suit that costs over a grand is beyond me.
If someone needs to look smart in his job it is an obvious choice.

What's more with a smart accountant it can be vat free and offset against income tax. That alone knocks big bucks off the price.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I used to think she was very funny. I think she is just older and getting too political. She is not stupid. She is one to stick two fingers up at convention.

But I don't think it's a good idea for comedians to cross over into politics. It never works out for them because most people do not have a sense of humour about politics.

As for hypocrisy, how many politicians are innocent of that? Perhaps she didn't mean to stir the pot quite so much but it's certainly got (all sorts of) people talking.
I agree. The media, Fleet Street as they used to call it, is good for a laugh, that's what Private Eye did for decades and subsequently, HIGNFY. But comedians and such personalities, should not take sides. Brand ought to know better.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top