Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 05:41 AM

Re: Joy Division

Floydy started me off on a re-visit of my favourite New Order LP

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Floydy started me off on a re-visit of my favourite New Order LP

A really good album, though I prefer the next album Low-Life myself.
Peter Hook's bass drives New Order and makes up for the terrible vocals of Bernard Sumner, basically useless as a singer IMO.

I still prefer New order's earlier work, still believeing that their best song was their first single posted above by PSmith 'Ceremony' (perhaps because it was written mainly by Ian Curtis). Here are two of New Order's classic early singles, followed by the brilliant Joy Division track from Unknown Pleasures - 'Day Of The Lords':

I got my ticket for the Manchester 2020 anniversary by the way. Can't wait to see Peter Hook & The Light play that classic early stuff in concert next year.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 01:34 PM

I never thought much of Joy Division and let them pass me by until a few years ago when I saw this video,

and realised my spine was tingling. Liked them ever since but have little time for New Order.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
I never thought much of Joy Division and let them pass me by until a few years ago when I saw this video,

and realised my spine was tingling. Liked them ever since but have little time for New Order.
A stunning single, Devo. If you want 'spine tingling', listen to this track with it's 2-minute intro. It's an incredibly intense song:

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top