Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 09:22 PM

Re: Motivation

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Actually, a spreadsheet is a good idea. I have several 'To do' list files created in Excel. Unfortunately I can no longer open them after finding Win10 under a stone.
That surprises me, Dongles.

I went straight from XP Professional to W10 - missing out W7 and W8 on the way - and I have no problem either accessing my existing Excel sheets or in creating new ones.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 12:13 PM

I get myself motivated by making a list - especially if a lot needs doing.

Ticking things off one by one gives me great satisfaction.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->

I do that at work all the time Catol!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I do thst st work all the time Catol!

Lists are good!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->

Carol, I make lists too and l agree, it’s a wonderful feeling to tick the things off as you complete them!

I hate it when l can’t find my list, as l am lost without that list!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Carol, I make lists too and l agree, it’s a wonderful feeling to tick the things off as you complete them!

I hate it when l can’t find my list, as l am lost without that list!
I have sublists stapled to my main list too

And when the ticking starts to look messy
I make fresh lists
I've even been known to have colour coded lists!!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 12:49 PM

Every night in bed I decide what I'm going to be doing the next day...come the morning..it's mostly all forgotten and I just please Myself..the joys of being retired with no commitments to anything or Anyone
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 01:05 PM

I usually lack motivation in the mornings but I've found that no matter how tired I feel or how much I really don't want to do something, once I'm up and going I'm ok.

I then usually have a moan at myself for procrastinating too long and not getting on with it in the first place
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

22-06-2019, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I usually lack motivation in the mornings but I've found that no matter how tired I feel or how much I really don't want to do something, once I'm up and going I'm ok.

I then usually have a moan at myself for procrastinating too long and not getting on with it in the first place
There's a saying in Welsh that means something like
"Two thirds of any task is the starting of it"
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 10:15 PM

It really depends on how I wake in the afternoon when I've been sleeping off my night shift. It also depends on what the weather is like. If it's winter and cold and grey then I am very unlikely to want to venture outdoors.

The gym motivates me a great deal. If I've had a really good, energetic workout I feel totally invigorated at the end of it and in a great mood. The trouble is I need to get motivated to even go there in the first place sometimes! It does help having a regular 'column' on the Exercise and Fitness thread though and if I'm not really feeling up to it I often have a quick look at what Surfermom, OGF and Tachyon are doing with themselves and it puts me to shame if I'm just lounging around feeling sorry and ashamed of myself for being lazy. Going to the gym gets rid of that guilt trip and I'm grateful that they can motivate me like they do

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top