Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 05:15 PM

Re: Being Grandad

A popcorn Maker & Chocolate Fountain plus McDonalds?
It sounds a bit Mc Spoiled to me BUT it’s your money to spend however you wish and your grand kids to love however you choose.

Enjoy
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 09:11 PM

When I was a very young child I had, virtually, no contact with any grandparents. There were some around, somewhere, but they didn't always blend in, with us, very well.

Only on reading this thread have I realised that modern times have turned it all around

My Grandchildren & Great Grandchildren, regularly, come running up my drive swing their bags and coats around themselves and shouting "the monkeys are here, the monkeys are here"

They race into the house, raid all the spots where the chocolates are hidden, and then play with the stored toys in the various toy boxes.

Meanwhile, they tell me about their schools and nurseries, make me drawings, and laugh at most things I say.

How times have changed.

Wouldn't want to miss it for a minute!

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 07:41 AM

That's nice .
My grandchildren are noisy and always winding each other up .
I love them but am glad when they leave .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 08:09 AM

Hi

The cousins are on the plane back to Poland, just Jakob and Nadi here, they live a few miles away.

Things are back to the normal quiet life.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
The brandy sounds good Bruce, but drinking milk makes me vomit!
It's a recipe for children not the over 50s
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It's a recipe for children not the over 50s
It made me vomit when I was a child too!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It made me vomit when I was a child too!
It's a funny thing, I didn't really like milk when I was a child, I never drank my school milk for example but these days I love it with or without brandy.

I think Lite Milk tastes so much nicer than full cream milk but I have to get the latter when my grand kids visit when they have gone I throw it away It might well be I have just got too used to Lite Milk).
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That's nice .
My grandchildren are noisy and always winding each other up .
I love them but am glad when they leave .
Muddy, I wave goodbye to my grandthugs when they arrive and are coming up my drive, they are little thugs!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It's a funny thing, I didn't really like milk when I was a child, I never drank my school milk for example but these days I love it with or without brandy.

I think Lite Milk tastes so much nicer than full cream milk but I have to get the latter when my grand kids visit when they have gone I throw it away It might well be I have just got too used to Lite Milk).
I put a drop of milk in my tea & I use it to make creamy sauces but i could never drink it.... so I think it is the taste that makes me sick. Strangely enough, I was in my 20's before i could eat butter, so you may be right about the fat content being what i didn't like.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top