Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 02:59 PM

Re: Could You Eat Food, Knowing A Huge Bluebottle Had Been On It?

Originally Posted by poohdog ->
If you only knew how many bits of flies and bugs were in your everyday diet you'd never eat again.
Yes, poohdog, l hate to think!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 03:00 PM

Spit, poo, eggs and lots of nasty things it had carried from a previously rotting carcass or pile of dung .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
No I couldn’t have eaten it .
Zuleika, What if it had gone on your Bakewell Trifle Tarts? Could you have eaten them?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

21-06-2019, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Spit, poo, eggs and lots of nasty things it had carried from a previously rotting carcass or pile of dung .....
Ugh, Ugh, Ugh.... l hate to think! Omah.
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 03:06 PM

If the fly was in the bag with the meat it would without doubt have been vomiting and pooping on it leaving behind all kinds of bacteria considering that it would previously been feasting on animal faeces and all kinds of decayed matter.
That meat would have gone in the bin in my house.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

21-06-2019, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by CoffeeCake ->
If the fly was in the bag with the meat it would without doubt have been vomiting and pooping on it leaving behind all kinds of bacteria considering that it would previously been feasting on animal faeces and all kinds of decayed matter.
That meat would have gone in the bin in my house.
CoffeeCake, More good reasons as to why l couldn’t eat it.

I said, spitting but of course they eat it then regurgitate it ......l can’t go on as l might faint at the horrific thought of it all!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 03:27 PM

Ugh no way Art! Maggots might start growing out of my every orifice and that would be really embarrassing....

But seriously I never eat food that a fly has knowingly landed on. I think it's sensible to have good food hygiene principles like washing hands before eating etc. It's just good practice and helps avoid nasty bugs.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 03:30 PM

It would probably put me off eating anything for the rest of the day. Even if I see a fly on my cat's food, I throw it away.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 03:30 PM

Tell daughter to worm her cats.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

21-06-2019, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Ugh no way Art! Maggots might start growing out of my every orifice and that would be really embarrassing....

But seriously I never eat food that a fly has knowingly landed on. I think it's sensible to have good food hygiene principles like washing hands before eating etc. It's just good practice and helps avoid nasty bugs.
Annie, Your orifices would be itchy too, with all that wriggling!

It did make me wonder, how much food we do eat, not knowing giant Bluebottles have been on it.

I am always washing my hands, verging on slight OCD at times, especially when l touch toilets, dustbins, handles and plugholes!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top