Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:51 AM

Re: Scotland and Brexit.

I can't understand why Scotland would rather be controlled from Europe instead of Westminster. Any Scots care to elucidate?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I can't understand why Scotland would rather be controlled from Europe instead of Westminster. Any Scots care to elucidate?
Well for one thing we wouldn't have to ask them for permission to hold a vote if we wanted to leave. Westmonster didn't ask them either, they told them they were having a vote and would leave if leave won. Also EU doesn't control the way Westmonster does, we'd have a seat at the table and can say no if we don't agree. It's a democracy not a dictatorship.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 12:01 PM

Like most countries wanting to be in the EU they want free money.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 12:37 PM

Really? Well Well..
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 04:00 PM

Not just scots, the english too. A Survation poll for the Mail on Sunday found 54% for remain, 46% for leave. Did you miss that? That’s because the Brexit-backing paper omitted it from its report, but it’s on the Survation site. Also missing was Survation’s Westminster result: Labour in the lead on 26%, Tories 24%, Brexit party 20%, Liberal Democrats 18%. Add in 11% for the Greens, Scottish National party and Plaid Cymru combined, and in total remainers are well ahead of the leavers.
https://www.survation.com/latest-polling-on-brexit/

Yet the UK is in mortal danger of being dragged into a no-deal Brexit against its will, with no vote, no say. Where is the rebellion against this democratic outrage? Instead we get dishonesty about obeying a long-defunct “will of the people” plus Hunt’s surprisingly frank confession on the Radio 4 Today programme that there will be no election as it would put Jeremy Corbyn into No 10. A referendum is resisted for the same reasons: Brexit would lose.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 05:05 PM

Sorry Judd I can't help you for the reasons I gave in #4
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Not just scots, the english too. A Survation poll for the Mail on Sunday found 54% for remain, 46% for leave. Did you miss that? That’s because the Brexit-backing paper omitted it from its report, but it’s on the Survation site. Also missing was Survation’s Westminster result: Labour in the lead on 26%, Tories 24%, Brexit party 20%, Liberal Democrats 18%. Add in 11% for the Greens, Scottish National party and Plaid Cymru combined, and in total remainers are well ahead of the leavers.
https://www.survation.com/latest-polling-on-brexit/

Yet the UK is in mortal danger of being dragged into a no-deal Brexit against its will, with no vote, no say. Where is the rebellion against this democratic outrage? Instead we get dishonesty about obeying a long-defunct “will of the people” plus Hunt’s surprisingly frank confession on the Radio 4 Today programme that there will be no election as it would put Jeremy Corbyn into No 10. A referendum is resisted for the same reasons: Brexit would lose.
I don't read the Mail.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:52 PM

I don't read the Mail.
No problem, because they didn't publish it, so you would have been spared this confrontation with the truth. Sorry I confronted you with this harsh reality.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 09:25 PM

No problem, because they didn't publish it, so you would have been spared this confrontation with the truth. Sorry I confronted you with this harsh reality.

Reality and truth are two things your not capable of.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 09:50 PM

Yet the UK is in mortal danger of being dragged into a no-deal Brexit against its will, with no vote, no say.
Hillarious !

We voted to leave. Fairly. Democratically. In the largest vote the country has ever had. So quit lying and quit trying to spin the referendum question to your own personal interpretation. We voted to leave the EU. End of. Doesn't matter how, so long as we leave. No Deal is perfectly legitimate and frankly the only way we will ever get out. Bring it on!

Instead we get dishonesty about obeying a long-defunct “will of the people”
No the dishonesty is in the refusal to mete out the will of the people. Purposely delaying and obfuscating and dragging the process out is NOT a legitimate way to then state that the referendum result is no longer valid.

It was valid

It remains valid

It WILL stand

Suck it up

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top