Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 09:41 PM

My Dad ill again

Been at hospital all afternoon with my Dad again. We sent for the doctor and she told me to take him to A & E as when she saw how swollen his left leg was she told me she needs to rule out a blood clot.

They took bloods and they gave him an injection in his stomach to thin his blood in case of clots and I have to take him back to the hospital tomorrow at 1.30pm for a scan.

Both his legs and feet are very swollen but his left leg is a lot bigger than the right leg. I am thinking it may be fluid retention and maybe his heart is giving out as he has chronic kidney disease. I'm so worried and my poor dad must be very worried and fed up with his health failing him lately.

I wish they had kept him in hospital as I'm frightened if it is a blood clot and something happens in the night, my Mum died of a blood clot to the brain and we had no idea, she died so suddenly

I don't know why I'm telling you all this other than I feel like I need to share my anguish right now.

I'm reading a poem at my friends mums funeral in the morning and my other friend just lost her husband and everything is so overwhelming just now, I need whoever it is throwing all the shit right now to stop it.

Anyway thanks for listening, I'll update on Dad tomorrow.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:05 PM

Re: My Dad ill again

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Been at hospital all afternoon with my Dad again. We sent for the doctor and she told me to take him to A & E as when she saw how swollen his left leg was she told me she needs to rule out a blood clot.

They took bloods and they gave him an injection in his stomach to thin his blood in case of clots and I have to take him back to the hospital tomorrow at 1.30pm for a scan.

Both his legs and feet are very swollen but his left leg is a lot bigger than the right leg. I am thinking it may be fluid retention and maybe his heart is giving out as he has chronic kidney disease. I'm so worried and my poor dad must be very worried and fed up with his health failing him lately.

I wish they had kept him in hospital as I'm frightened if it is a blood clot and something happens in the night, my Mum died of a blood clot to the brain and we had no idea, she died so suddenly

I don't know why I'm telling you all this other than I feel like I need to share my anguish right now.

I'm reading a poem at my friends mums funeral in the morning and my other friend just lost her husband and everything is so overwhelming just now, I need whoever it is throwing all the shit right now to stop it.

Anyway thanks for listening, I'll update on Dad tomorrow.
So sorry to hear this Lion Queen, I hope your Dad is okay and can be treated with some medication and not admitted to hospital.
We just seem to be at that time of life when losing loved ones comes at us far too often....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:20 PM

I'm so sorry LQ. What a worry for you. I hope they find the right treatment and it sounds like they have caught it in good time and he's being monitored so I am sure all will be well. Fingers crossed for the scan x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:24 PM

So sorry to hear this LD, as Foxy says I hope they can treat him with some medication.

Will be thinking of you and your Dad tomorrow
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:36 PM

Sorry to read about your latest worry LQ .
Your dad is in the best place for diagnosis and treatment .
I know how worried you must feel but hope it's relieved soon .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:38 PM

I'm so sorry Queenie. I know how much you love your daddy.
I hope he's going to be alright.

((((HUGS)))) for you.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:44 PM

Good luck in dealing with your fathers illness. It must be so stressful.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 03:45 AM

LQ, this sounds very similar to a condition my own dad had when he was very ill with dementia. He had recurring water retention issues and his feet were especially swollen in that they had to pad them out with foam because they would bruise so easily. I don't want to go any further with that as it's not very nice to talk about and brings back awful memories.

All I can say is make sure your dad has the best care possible and a big must is that he should drink lots and lots of water, not cups of tea. he needs to stay hydrated and tea will make him dehydrated. Why oh why do they insist on giving patients endless cups of tea, it simply isn't good for them?

Take care and let us now how your father progresses. best wishes to him
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 07:41 AM

Sorry to hear this, LQ, sending healing thoughts and big hugs to you and your dad.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 11:31 AM

I am 81 years old and had a problem with my right leg swelling up a while back. At the same time my annual blood test showed low sodium level in my blood. My doctor decided the low sodium was due to one of my blood pressure tablets so changed my tablet. More blood tests showed my sodium level had risen slightly. The swelling in my leg also went down though it is still bigger than my right leg. Sorry not a pretty sight

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	104_0080.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	10011  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top