Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 03:39 PM

Re: Have You Got Your Heating On?

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I am not a guy - but I will answer you anyway - The alternatives are too expensive.
Surely that depends on the paradigm one employs?

But I do understand what you mean. It will have to change though especially as the installation of gas heaters in new houses commences and the introduction of focussed taxation on the supply of gas increases.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 03:40 PM

We haven't put the heating on yet - just a thicker sweatshirt.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I mean you gotta do what you gotta do...
You didn't ask what we "do", though, and all you asked was if we gave any thought to using gas heating. I do wear extra clothing if need be, because it's cheaper than paying for gas, but when the point comes to turn on the gas central heating I don't give it a thought. It's not like I have an alternative heating system.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 03:47 PM

No heating on for us yet, but I have put a pair of socks on and a cardi. Last night was cold and I shut the bedroom windows and put a throw on the bed. Don't want to start with the central heating yet.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
No heating on for us yet, but I have put a pair of socks on and a cardi. Last night was cold and I shut the bedroom windows and put a throw on the bed. Don't want to start with the central heating yet.
Luckily for me I like a cold bedroom so I don't bother running the heating when I'm under my toasty quilt.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have had the heating on three times this week as l have been so cold.
Heating on in August.... who’d have thought?

Am l the only one, or have you had to put your heating on too?
Mine came on all by itself a couple of mornings ago, I had forgotten to turn the thermostat down. Silly me, but it must have been below 15c to come on.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I suppose we are lucky in the south west, still in short sleeves and windows open and no thoughts of turning the heating on yet.

i don’t usually turn ours on until sometime in October.
So it must have got colder here then as I also needed a jumper the evening before..
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 09:34 PM

Based on this conversation has anyone tried the heated throws or electric heated pad my Dad as he got older was constantly cold regardless of heat in the room no one else cold stand I found the heated pad then the heated throw worked brilliantly close contact heat and very safe.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2020, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Surely that depends on the paradigm one employs?

But I do understand what you mean. It will have to change though especially as the installation of gas heaters in new houses commences and the introduction of focussed taxation on the supply of gas increases.
I thought no new houses have gas central heating .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2020, 06:24 AM

Mine is auto too so it comes on if it's cold and it has been cold...so yes it's been on
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2020, 06:48 AM

We use the heating manually, but, a nice fire is a Focal Point, the fire goes on well before the heating, you know when winter is on the way when you smell the dust on the fake coals burning off.

Nice build up on there.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top