Join for free
Page 9 of 15 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 04:35 PM

Re: Trusting People On The Internet....

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Brisbane - Perth - Mauritius - London - Kent - Paisley - Inverness - Wexford - Dublin - back to Brisbane.
Not necessarily in that order.
Itinerary yet to be settled. Mid-range hotels, motels and B&Bs.
But those are the places we wish to see. A bit of an 'ancestry tour' sort-of, plus the usual touristy stuff.
All in 28-30 days, so obviously fleeting.
Time for a few side-track day-trips in the UK though.

Am a bit timid about the cold in January/ February.
I'm used to sub-tropical climes and have never seen snow.

You'd best pack some long johns, vest and ear muffs if you're in the UK in Jan/Feb Pummy, I'd hate for someone to find you frozen for immortality in a snowdrift somewhere.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
No Ruthio....you are my nightmare
And i'm another!
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 07:40 PM

I do like Nom's "bit of jock in your gene pool"
although, a bit of "Jean in my jocks" might be preferable.
Dunno about this "clarty" thing. Sounds a bit muddy - which is hardly appealing.

My paternal grandparents were from Inverness and Paisley.
The clan fought against the English at Culloden and the motto is ................. wait for it
feros ferio" (I am fierce with the fierce)

Pondering Pups' words of wisdom. Might even delay the trip a couple of months until the weather is more likely to be 'civilized'.
Given my abhorrence of cold, any suggestions for the best time to visit the Highlands ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
I do like Nom's "bit of jock in your gene pool"
although, a bit of "Jean in my jocks" might be preferable.
Dunno about this "clarty" thing. Sounds a bit muddy - which is hardly appealing.

My paternal grandparents were from Inverness and Paisley.
The clan fought against the English at Culloden and the motto is ................. wait for it
feros ferio" (I am fierce with the fierce)

Pondering Pups' words of wisdom. Might even delay the trip a couple of months until the weather is more likely to be 'civilized'.
Given my abhorrence of cold, any suggestions for the best time to visit the Highlands ?
September everytime we visited in September we got sun burned ! Although it's also good time for midges too
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
September everytime we visited in September we got sun burned ! Although it's also good time for midges too

Yes, I'd thought about July - Sept too, July , long as he wears a net over his head.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 08:40 PM

He will have one of those hats with the dangling corks.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

I can definitely spot the lovely genuine folk
Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
You rang?!

Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 09:04 PM

I didn't join to meet people, just a bit of a giggle and followed a few from another site(not a chat site). Having said that I met Twinks, why?
Because I got on with her and wanted to put a face to a name.
I wasn't disappointed, she is exactly as you find her on here.

There are a few on here that I'd meet without a second thought.
There are some(not many)that I chat with on the phone and would gladly have a pint with.

I find it strange that people who get on with others would refuse to meet them, in fact I think it very odd.

I have a theory......they aren't a true representation of what they portray online. False? In most cases I think so.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-08-2016, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I didn't join to meet people, just a bit of a giggle and followed a few from another site(not a chat site). Having said that I met Twinks, why?
Because I got on with her and wanted to put a face to a name.
I wasn't disappointed, she is exactly as you find her on here.

There are a few on here that I'd meet without a second thought.
There are some(not many)that I chat with on the phone and would gladly have a pint with.

I find it strange that people who get on with others would refuse to meet them, in fact I think it very odd.

I have a theory......they aren't a true representation of what they portray online. False? In most cases I think so.

Not necessarily Tpin. It might be nothing to do with being 'false.' Take me for example.

I'd be dreadfully shy about meeting anyone, believe it or not. I'd be worried I'm not anything like they imagined, and they'd be disappointed. I'd feel it straightaway and be embarrassed.
I think you've got to have quite a lot of confidence to go and meet a stranger for the first time.
Sometimes it might be better to keep your daydreams instead?

p.s. anyway, unless you knelt down and looked along ground level you wouldn't know if I was there or not.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I can meet people by stepping out of my front door. I see no need to travel a couple of hundred miles to meet someone that I've only seen in a forum. Nothing odd about that.

Page 9 of 15 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top