Join for free
Page 28 of 39 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 08:02 AM

Re: The Oprah Interview: Prince Harry and Meghan

Originally Posted by carol ->
I believe the British Press have stirred up a lot of these feelings of hatred for the Royals.

And some people make their minds up purely from what they read in the papers...

As Prince Harry said: They're toxic!

I don't think they had any choice but to get away..
^^^^^^^
I agree with Harry!!

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I believe the British Press have stirred up a lot of these feelings of hatred for the Royals.

And some people make their minds up purely from what they read in the papers...

As Prince Harry said: They're toxic!

I don't think they had any choice but to get away..
Well said Carol!
Harry has always said that the press were toxic, because he remembers how they treated his mother, and he doesn't want to see his wife suffer in the same way.
The royals are hounded by the press, because a good royal story means the reporter earns more ! Sadly they find out a couple of things & then put them together to make a good story, that is often not true.
I wish the couple well and hope they will be able to lead a life where their every move isn't photographed & logged!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 09:16 AM

It’s kept the country entertained during lockdown .
Wonder when the next episode comes out?
CandyCrunch
USA
CandyCrunch is female  CandyCrunch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I found it predictable and rather boring. My attention kept wandering to that beautiful garden and Oprah's fright wig and weird spectacles.
Fright wig.... LOL
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
All of the above plus the fact that they get away with their misdemeanors. Despite all the toe sucking, alleged underaged sex parties, extra marital affairs; tampon tapes, drug taking, naked parties in Vegas, drunkedness, rudeness and disgusting costly extravagance, they still expect us to look up to them as a special family.

They are disfunctional, just like many other families in Britain but they get paid a shit load of money for it.

The Queen should be the last Royal.
Yep!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It’s kept the country entertained during lockdown .
Wonder when the next episode comes out?
Well this is true.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Did anyone notice that Harry never referred to Meghan by her name when he was talking to Oprah.
He just referred to Meghan as, ‘her’ or ‘she’.

if you say her name three times, it summons up a Demon.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Therein lies the real reason for many people's feelings of distaste.

Interestingly, I wonder why they specifically chose Oprah to conduct their interview?
Oooh , I wonder why JBR. That's a good question but I just cannot think why.

I wonder if they rehearsed that look of 'shock' on Oprah's face, just before the dramatic pause?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

12-03-2021, 10:33 AM

I agree, the press ARE toxic. The vast majority of newspaper reporters are scum but the best way for the royals to avoid the bad publicity is to stop doing things that are news-worthy.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 10:42 AM

What a disappointment is Prince Harry .
He might have done great things he could have bought a mansion in Africa for a fraction of the cost of what his tinsel town palace cost and really done some good out there . Of course it would be dangerous but he would have had lots of spare money for security
What can he do in any meaningful way in California ?
He will fast sink into obscurity his once regal position become banal and boring still his life will be pleasant .
I think he has burnt his bridges with the RF however I bet Kate has already crossed him off their Christmas Card list and Queenie will have removed their photos off the desk and down to the gardeners loo.

Page 28 of 39 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top