Join for free
Page 564 of 1676 « First < 64 464 514 554 562 563 564 565 566 574 614 664 1064 1564 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 10:58 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Gummy Bear I am stealing you.
Come and have a drink with me at the Candy Bar. Please
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 11:19 PM

interesting group that one spittie - can't recall ever listening to them but just watched Marillion over the years 1978 -2018 - quite impressive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ovTIm-NVRs
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
ooer - here comes the embedding KING in his CPU's - clear pearly undies and his CHIPS - chunkie hot iridescent pants!

and 'is new pet on a string 'sam the ram'

[blah blah blah]
we luvs ya pugsie - you provide such endless material - what you never realized - go on - you are naughty!
WHAT is your problem, pal?
Yes...I brought home to my island a young ram who was covered in blood, limping and looked as if he'd been hit more than once by speeding vehicles. Nobody else was going to help the poor sod-so I gave him a home. BUT;his name's STANLEY,not SAM...named by the local kids who come across the causeway to play on the beach. He just 'does his thing'. He's not a pet, per se, not a belonging, just an injured animal rescued from the roadside. As for my APPLE lappy;it's going great guns, fast,efficient and better than the model I initially bought, due to the upgrades their staff installed,which were their way of apologising and ensuring no 'bad press'.
I really have no idea why you always beeline directly for me to empty your sarcasm bucket at-is it because you feel brave at a distance, flower? If you'd prefer me not to contribute to these pages any longer, please be decent enough to state that fact...if your sarcastic wit is merely your courageous heroism seeping out, then jolly good show. Well done.
Oh,btw-Sweetie,videos posted on forums are now visible to me. This [admittedly greatly uprated from the version I actually bought] Mac Pro is actually rather nifty, once one gets the hang of it. Ok,I just got in [07.00hrs] having spent the night with a VERY good friend who is nearing the finale of his battle with cancer. No doubt a certain party will make light of this and construct a sarcastic poem-but to Chris,it's a rather painful and uncomfortable time. We served together. Sod this - I really have had enough of gutless, sarcastic wimps being brave at a distance,so I bid you all adieu.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 07:42 AM

Pugsy, for heavens sake, don't let Gummy get your Goat.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
interesting group that one spittie - can't recall ever listening to them but just watched Marillion over the years 1978 -2018 - quite impressive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ovTIm-NVRs
Yes, they filled the void, when Genesis stopped being progish and went popish.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
WHAT is your problem, pal?
Yes...I brought home to my island a young ram who was covered in blood, limping and looked as if he'd been hit more than once by speeding vehicles. Nobody else was going to help the poor sod-so I gave him a home. BUT;his name's STANLEY,not SAM...named by the local kids who come across the causeway to play on the beach. He just 'does his thing'. He's not a pet, per se, not a belonging, just an injured animal rescued from the roadside. As for my APPLE lappy;it's going great guns, fast,efficient and better than the model I initially bought, due to the upgrades their staff installed,which were their way of apologising and ensuring no 'bad press'.
I really have no idea why you always beeline directly for me to empty your sarcasm bucket at-is it because you feel brave at a distance, flower? If you'd prefer me not to contribute to these pages any longer, please be decent enough to state that fact...if your sarcastic wit is merely your courageous heroism seeping out, then jolly good show. Well done.
Oh,btw-Sweetie,videos posted on forums are now visible to me. This [admittedly greatly uprated from the version I actually bought] Mac Pro is actually rather nifty, once one gets the hang of it. Ok,I just got in [07.00hrs] having spent the night with a VERY good friend who is nearing the finale of his battle with cancer. No doubt a certain party will make light of this and construct a sarcastic poem-but to Chris,it's a rather painful and uncomfortable time. We served together. Sod this - I really have had enough of gutless, sarcastic wimps being brave at a distance,so I bid you all adieu.
ya still a big girls browse prancing about -nothings change!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 02:18 PM

A very happy Easter to all the over 50’s wherever part of the globe they are, may peace reign among posters and scribblers of every race colour and creed, and may your glass be filled with whatever your having yourself. Amen.
Remember what St. Paul said to the Corinthians “If you have a boil on one side of your bum, sit on the other cheek” or something like that.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Pugsy, for heavens sake, don't let Gummy get your Goat.
Oh dear

That's it I will have to be a social worker on this.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 03:52 PM

I was going to offer something Easterish but have had second thoughts

This seems more appropriate

Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 08:35 PM

Evening all,

I reproduce this genuine & original letter sent from nurse Gillian's father Frank to his mother who was recuperating.
It's dated about 1933 & I just thought it would be interesting to read.

Here goes.............................................

Sunday 31, Mainstone Romsey

My darling Mother,
Just a few lines hoping that you are feeling the benefit of the baths. Very glad to get a letter from you. By the look of the views of the postcard, I should say it is a quaint old place.
Well dear, to change the subject, Mainstone is the centre of liveliness at present.
On Friday night from half-past nine to midnight old Bill Offer was fighting & squabbling Bill Harrington, Harry Frampton, Dick Pragnell & the Edwards boys.
Oh dear, fighting!
Haven’t seen anything like it for a long time. Last night (Saturday) about 12 lads, under Dick’s son, plus about 20 onlookers were laying in wait for Bill. Harry & the Edwards boys. They meant murder. Really & truly,’. They got hold of Jesse Edwards & chucked him in the Test river. But they couldn’t get the others, they didn’t turn up.
Tonight they are still there, laying in wait for Harry, they are stopping any likely car. They’ll kill him when they do get him. The trouble arose out of the fighting. Harry hit Dick Pragnell when he was down .but eventually got 2 black eyes himself and ran away home, the coward after hitting a man when he was down on the ground.
It is quite a picture, all of the people looking out of the windows & no light on the bridge, only on the corner.
Well, darling, I can’t keep on talking about it so I shall change the subject again.
We shall both be glad to get you back again of course, when you are better.
The honeysuckle is nearly all out now & people are admiring it
Well dear, I think I will close now.
With love from your ever-loving son

Frank
Xxxxx
Ps excuse writing, it’s 11 pm

---------------------------------------------
NB, Tom seems to have left Dick & Harry to it .

Page 564 of 1676 « First < 64 464 514 554 562 563 564 565 566 574 614 664 1064 1564 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top