Join for free
Page 19 of 72 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 11:08 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

What's happened to all the Yorkies?

Cat got your tongue?

Not very often that Yorkshire folk have nowt to say.....

By eck, I'll go to foot of our stairs.......
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
What's happened to all the Yorkies?

Cat got your tongue?

Not very often that Yorkshire folk have nowt to say.....

By eck, I'll go to foot of our stairs.......
I agree.

We should be doing the right thing are telling all non-Yorkies how Yorkies are the best thing since sliced bread.

We should be making them feel really upset that they have been so unfortunate as to not have been born within the county boundaries of Yorkshire.

And then we should jeer at them.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 09:36 PM

Millennia ago in the Kingdom of Heaven, God disappeared for seven days. On the eighth day the angel Gabriel found him laying exhausted and sweating.

"Where have you been oh Lord?"
"Do you see that blue and green orb down there?" said God pointing at the newly created Earth.
"Yes Lord, what is it?"
"I call it Earth and I've designed and built it and placed creatures called mankind on it. It is to be a place of balance. For example, do you see that great white part at the top? That is a land of snow and ice and is populated by white men. To the south it is all glorious sunshine and is populated by brown and black men. To the east it is a land of vast deserts and is populated by men who will become rich beyond their wildest dreams while to the west will be a land of vast forests and verdant pastures but the men their will live in abject poverty."

Pointing to a luscious sunlit green area dotted with newly created sheep on the hills, babbling brooks in the valleys and a general air of peace and tranquillity God said "That is my finest work, I call it Yorkshire. The men and women of Yorkshire will be the greatest in the world, famous for their sense of humour, willingness to help others and for their generosity"
"But what about the balance Lord?"
"Do you see that grey, dirty section just to the left of Yorkshire? It will be a land of constant rain populated by people of sallow complexions, strange accents and will have an air of futility and hopelessness about it. I call that place Lancashire"
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 09:41 PM

Be ready for repercussions. Mind you, Lankies probably don't visit this section.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Be ready for repercussions. Mind you, Lankies probably don't visit this section.
Probably not, but they do line up on the border on the Pennines and look longingly into Yorkshire.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

23-02-2017, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Probably not, but they do line up on the border on the Pennines and look longingly into Yorkshire.
They probably don't realise that you don't need passports in order to visit.

Shhh. Don't tell them.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 10:41 PM

Millennia ago in the Kingdom of Heaven, God disappeared for seven days. On the eighth day the angel Gabriel found him laying exhausted and sweating.

"Do you see that blue and green orb down there?" said God pointing at the newly created Earth.
"Yes Lord, what is it?"
"I call it Earth and I've designed and built it and placed creatures called mankind on it. It is to be a place of balance. For example, do you see that great white part at the top? That is a land of snow and ice and is populated by white men. To the south it is all glorious sunshine and is populated by brown and black men. To the east it is a land of vast deserts and is populated by men who will become rich beyond their wildest dreams while to the west will be a land of vast forests and verdant pastures but the men their will live in abject poverty."

Pointing to a luscious sunlit green area dotted with newly created sheep on the hills, babbling brooks in the valleys and a general air of peace and tranquillity God said "That is my finest work, I call it Yorkshire. The men and women of Yorkshire will be the greatest in the world, famous for their sense of humour, willingness to help others and for their generosity"
"Do you see that grey, dirty section just to the left of Yorkshire? It will be a land of constant rain populated by people of sallow complexions, strange accents and will have an air of futility and hopelessness about it. I call that place Lancashire"
That's one of the most inspiring posts I have ever read Judd....
It's enough to make me rush down to the church, bible in hand and repent my sins..............I might be quite some time.....
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 10:20 AM

"Yes Lord, what is it?"

I just love it, and so true
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-03-2017, 10:38 AM

Nobody has commented in this thread since Judd wrote that......I suppose there is just no answer to it...
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 10:58 AM

Page 19 of 72 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top