Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 01:44 PM

Re: Crush This Plot To Steal Brexit.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
I am totally against violence, it could be done peacefully by sheer weight of numbers.
I disagree. The elite in their powerful positions will never willingly give up their seats.

The referendum was a protest by the people, a peaceful protest, done calmly and quietly by ticking a box on a ballot paper.

It HASN'T resulted in change. That peaceful approach hasn't resulted in the establishment carrying out the wishes of the people. They have merely ignored it and spent 2 years trying to subvert the decision.

Civil unrest is undesirable for all but once those in power abuse that power and undermine the democratic process then actions must be taken.

War comes to us whether we like it or not. Our forebears stood up to be counted when the country's freedoms and rights were being challenged and potentially eradicated by dictatorships. We survived WW1 and WW2.

WW3 has been raging for some years behind closed doors as secret operatives have drafted and passed EU treaties through parliament and the monarchy to pass control of the country over to the EU without giving the people a choice.
Any way we cut it, our freedoms are once again at very serious risk, Europe AGAIN is seeking to own and control the United Kingdom and dominate its people.

The fact that it isn't doing it with bombs, tanks, rifles and military personally is irrelevant. They are achieving the same goals through more nefarious methods, through stealth and skulduggery.

For how long would you sit there peacefully ignoring that situation ? Until the final treaties are signed when there will no longer be any way out?

Our governments are corrupt. Our political system is a fake 3-party sham giving the illusion of democracy. Our British Constitution has been completely ignored, discarded and consigned to the dung heap.

One can not expect that such things can go unchallenged so it would come as no surprise at all if the UK descended into the violent chaos that we are seeing in France and have seen in other countries. Our police forces will not be able to cope. It's hard to imagine what lengths people would go to in order to stand up for what they believe in. Would they for example destroy the Channel Tunnel to make it more difficult for people to enter Britain?

I'm pretty sure London would come to a very quick standstill.
Tubes would shut down, traffic would be grid locked, distribution affected. If the same happens all across the country then we are all in for a very difficult time and those who didn't prepare for it will be extremely uncomfortable, possibly without food and water for significant periods

All of this chaos because the incumbent corrupt elites have had their bluff called on BrExit and with it the entire political system is being shown to be a total sham.

This is not a situation we want to pass on to our kids, to your "Littlies"

They too should be able to live in a free and democratic environment not a totalitarian dictatorship and police state.

It is our responsibility to fight hard to retain our Constitutional rights before these despots eradicate them completely.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
UJ's ears just pricked up.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 02:21 PM

The situation now is such that almost anything could happen.

May could, somehow, persuade Parliament to accept her 'deal', and we would remain in the EU 'temporarily' which, as we all know, could turn out to be permanently.

May's deal could be rejected. We could have a second referendum, this time with three options: to leave the EU, to remain in the EU, or to accept May's deal. This would effectively split the 'leave' vote and ensure we remain in the EU.

May could be ousted and a general election called. This itself could result in a number of consequences. May's party could scrape in somehow, and back to square one; Compo could achieve his life's ambition and become PM and the country ruined; we could have a hung parliament which would result in nothing other than incessant arguing without anything being achieved.

I still haven't given up on the possibility of the overall vote going in favour of us walking away from the EU - 'crashing out' as the remainiacs put it.

Who knows?

One thing is certain, as I have said before: the next few months/years will prove to be very interesting. More interesting still is what future historians will say about this complete and utter mess. I hope I can stick around to see the consequences!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 02:57 PM

What ever happens leavers will get the blame I'm sure !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The situation now is such that almost anything could happen.

May could, somehow, persuade Parliament to accept her 'deal', and we would remain in the EU 'temporarily' which, as we all know, could turn out to be permanently.

May's deal could be rejected. We could have a second referendum, this time with three options: to leave the EU, to remain in the EU, or to accept May's deal. This would effectively split the 'leave' vote and ensure we remain in the EU.

May could be ousted and a general election called. This itself could result in a number of consequences. May's party could scrape in somehow, and back to square one; Compo could achieve his life's ambition and become PM and the country ruined; we could have a hung parliament which would result in nothing other than incessant arguing without anything being achieved.

I still haven't given up on the possibility of the overall vote going in favour of us walking away from the EU - 'crashing out' as the remainiacs put it.

Who knows?

One thing is certain, as I have said before: the next few months/years will prove to be very interesting. More interesting still is what future historians will say about this complete and utter mess. I hope I can stick around to see the consequences!
Very true. I would love to go forward in time and see how this period is written in history. Without doubt, politics is at its worst at the moment across all parties
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
If I had to pick out one person, who I think has caused this log jam effect over Brexit, it would be Hammond.

He has the power to crush any thinking by TM, or any others, by issuing statements of doom and gloom, and by calling out "Rubbish" in response to other Cabinet Ministers, and MPs who have seen the light.

Everything he says suggests disaster. He even looks as if he's at a funeral rather than a meeting.

After TM falls on her sword, we need to get rid of Hammond - and, possibly one or two other Cabinet Remainers.

Those Remainers who are planning for the future, and looking after their supporters, should continue. Those who are clearly trying to wreck the whole thing MUST GO!
Hi

You cannot blame one person, he is one of an entire Cabinet.

May could have replaced him at anytime.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 04:05 PM

What hope did we ever have of our Brexit being delivered when the three most powerful figures in the government, May, Hammond and Javid, our Prime Minister, our Chancellor of the Exchequer and our Home Secretary, are in charge ! Every one of them a diehard Remainer.

We never stood a chance.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
What hope did we ever have of our Brexit being delivered when the three most powerful figures in the government, May, Hammond and Javid, our Prime Minister, our Chancellor of the Exchequer and our Home Secretary, are in charge ! Every one of them a diehard Remainer.

We never stood a chance.
You are just right ------- Sad TBH
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 04:22 PM

My understanding is that May is now tinkering with the agreement (no doubt in collusion with the EU) to extend the transition period until a solution is found.

How on earth is that going to make any difference to the outcome with the EU and their usual intransigence.

Not for nothing did Sellmeyer smirk moments after the withdrawal agreement was agreed in Brussels with the remark

"We still retain the power".
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 04:52 PM

Hi

The default position is that we leave on March 29th, with or without a Deal.

This is both British Law and EU Law.

We have Christmas in between , we are looking at this entirely from our own point of view.

Our Government does not have a majority to force things through our Parliament.

The EU has many countries which also do not have a majority and each of those Parliaments will also have to approve any deal.

It is becoming more and more likely that we will leave with No Deal.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top