Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2020, 11:39 PM

Re: Eight o'clock tonight The Queens speech.

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I find the blatant hypocrisy of it all insulting to the intelligence
No one expects the Queen and Phil to do anything they are old and vulnerable but let’s not pretend they are in the same boat as the general populace .
They and our future kIng Prince Charles and Missus have done exactly what others have been vilified for They have done a runner to their second home.
( or in the case of the RF one of their umpteen homes .
Catherine Calderwood has done the same thing and it will probably cost her her job.
Another one of the do as I say not as I do brigade .
She has resigned but the question is did she jump or was she pushed?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
She has resigned but the question is did she jump or was she pushed?
As soon as Fishface said she was standing behind her, I knew her time had come because that's usually shorthand for being pushed into jumping.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 04:49 PM

I thought her speech was okay ,bit short [she manages to manage longer at Christmas ]
What I didn"t care for though was her being called Mother of the Nation by some papers ,makes us sound like some third world country [which of course we are totally not] and rather patronising .
I also notice she said we are in this together ,what would have been a nice gesture on her part would have been to give the NHS 1,00000K.,but of course we are not that much together are we Mam ??
Then I & maybe others might have felt she meant it and not just mouthing platitudes to up the standing of RF., and how jolly noble they are are ,
No sorry not impressive IMB.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 05:30 PM

You don’t think for a minute that the Queen writes her own speeches do you?
Yes there are things more important than money - tell that to the NHS workers who don’t have enough equipment and don’t have vast country estates to retire to when the going gets tough. .
No point blaming her Muddy. If you are looking for somebody to blame I suggest you look to Blair and Brown; because of their 'open door' policy of attracting foreign workers into the country (and their families) during the late nineties and two thousands, they completely swamped the NHS and other services....

The population in the UK rose from 58 million in 1995 to over 68 million 2019..

Under the careful management of Blair and Brown for most of the early days....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 05:48 PM

I love the Queen.

Her speech was absolutely brilliant and just what the country needs. Its also great to hear from someone who has lived through a lot worse than COVID-19.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 05:58 PM

I finally got around to watching it on Twitter and I have to say that t'owd lass did well. One of those proud to be British moments.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
No point blaming her Muddy. If you are looking for somebody to blame I suggest you look to Blair and Brown; because of their 'open door' policy of attracting foreign workers into the country (and their families) during the late nineties and two thousands, they completely swamped the NHS and other services....

The population in the UK rose from 58 million in 1995 to over 68 million 2019..

Under the careful management of Blair and Brown for most of the early days....
FGS the Tories have been in ten years they have had time to do something you can’t always take the fall back position of blaming Blair and Brown . Also many of the people working in the NHS are from overseas .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I thought her speech was okay ,bit short [she manages to manage longer at Christmas ]
What I didn"t care for though was her being called Mother of the Nation by some papers ,makes us sound like some third world country [which of course we are totally not] and rather patronising .
I also notice she said we are in this together ,what would have been a nice gesture on her part would have been to give the NHS 1,00000K.,but of course we are not that much together are we Mam ??
Then I & maybe others might have felt she meant it and not just mouthing platitudes to up the standing of RF., and how jolly noble they are are ,
No sorry not impressive IMB.

Good post Apricot.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 06:45 PM

Good post Apricot.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 09:23 PM

FGS the Tories have been in ten years they have had time to do something you can’t always take the fall back position of blaming Blair and Brown . Also many of the people working in the NHS are from overseas .
The population explosion started with the Blair/Brown premiership and trying to correct the neglect can not be achieved overnight Muddy. Isn't this why a large part of the UK population voted to exit the EU because of this stupidity.

And if the floodgates had not been opened to so many migrants in such a short space of time the NHS would not have needed to employ so many overseas workers.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top