Join for free
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 09:52 AM

11o'clock this morning.

There will be a two minutes silence to remember the key workers that have died during this dreadful pandemic.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 10:03 AM

Re: 11o'clock this morning.

Thank you for the reminder.
Personally, for what it's worth, I think that this should be a regular thing to happen until some sense of normality resumes as it'd be a stronger message to those who still flout the lockdown guidelines.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 10:16 AM

There's too many of these "silences" now. They're becoming devalued.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Not entirely convinced by that. There are too many funerals taking place now, with people upset and crying at them. Are these to be considered as "devalued" too?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I have the greatest respect and admiration for our health workers, but death is death, and no death is any less heartbreaking for the loved ones.

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Not entirely convinced by that. There are too many funerals taking place now, with people upset and crying at them. Are these to be considered as "devalued" too?
They will be missed only by their loved ones and the people that knew them Dex. For everybody else, It's just another day at the office of life!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 10:50 AM

Well I favour the "take it 'an burn it" disposal services now emerging.

Really.

Its what we want and have made our wishes known to our kids.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 11:50 AM

Thank you for the reminder.
Personally, for what it's worth, I think that this should be a regular thing to happen until some sense of normality resumes as it'd be a stronger message to those who still flout the lockdown guidelines.
I think that it's good to see that the media, and through them, the public, are realising that there are more peoiple about, nowadays, putting their lives on the line, than we knew about before the virus (BV).

By that, i mean that we are used to seeing the military respected, rightly, with medals, compensation, etc. and I don't want to criticise that, but there are many others ready to risk injury, even loss of life, for us.

Maybe it's time for the big medals to be shared, across all, maybe it's time for the Remembrance Days to be likewise.

In a time when we are reminded that many of of deaths & injuries, in this virus attack, are down to a failure to have the right resources in place to prevent them, it will be important to learn from the mistakes that have been made, & by whom!

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 11:56 AM

I hope Her Maj remembers some/all of them in her Birthday Honours list instead of pop stars and footballers!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

28-04-2020, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I hope Her Maj remembers some/all of them in her Birthday Honours list instead of pop stars and footballers!
Decision on who is awarded an honour is not at the discretion of Mrs Windsor but are political appointments. It's another example of the very UNMAJESTIC Mrs Windsor just doing what she's told

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top