Join for free
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 08:24 PM

The Dig.

This is on Netflix.The film is about the archaeological dig in Sutton Hoo in 1939. It stars Ralph Fiennes,Carey Mulligan and Lilly James.I really enjoyed it.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 09:17 PM

Re: The Dig.

Watched it last night. Excellent movie!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
This is on Netflix.The film is about the archaeological dig in Sutton Hoo in 1939. It stars Ralph Fiennes,Carey Mulligan and Lilly James.I really enjoyed it.
What a coincidence. Marge and I have just finished watching that about an hour ago.

An excellent film about the Sutton Hoo burial site which, by another coincidence, I taught the kids at school some years ago.

We both suggested afterwards that, rather than filling in the area afterwards, they could have raised a building over the site to protect the remains of the hull and made it accessible to interested people as a type of museum.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 10:16 AM

Watched it last night and enjoyed it
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What a coincidence. Marge and I have just finished watching that about an hour ago.

An excellent film about the Sutton Hoo burial site which, by another coincidence, I taught the kids at school some years ago.

We both suggested afterwards that, rather than filling in the area afterwards, they could have raised a building over the site to protect the remains of the hull and made it accessible to interested people as a type of museum.
I watched it last night too and thoroughly enjoyed it. I wonder whether they covered it again because it was the eve of the war and they were uncertain what would happen with all of those aircraft going over the site at the time?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
I watched it last night too and thoroughly enjoyed it. I wonder whether they covered it again because it was the eve of the war and they were uncertain what would happen with all of those aircraft going over the site at the time?
Yes, could be.
But the hull is still there, presumably, and could be exposed again.
On the other hand, perhaps covering it up might better preserve what's left of it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2021, 09:26 AM

Watched it last night very interesting.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top