Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 08:49 AM

Re: Thai Coconut milk

I didn't click on the link either

I don't drink milk of any kind and I've never bought coconut milk although I'm sure many products I buy contain it....its getting to seem that just about everything has some ethical reason why I shouldn't buy it and I'm sure future generations will look back at us with dismay but we have to eat.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I think Morrisons will be "investigating" how much of a loss they will take if they ban this company, frankly.

And I agree that all coconut products will exploit monkeys - after all, they are the only ones who can nip up and down trees quickly.

No more coconut things for me.
Please see my previous post . There are many cruelty free suppliers.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I didn't click on the link either

I don't drink milk of any kind and I've never bought coconut milk although I'm sure many products I buy contain it....its getting to seem that just about everything has some ethical reason why I shouldn't buy it and I'm sure future generations will look back at us with dismay but we have to eat.
Yes we have to eat. This isn’t about human starvation. It’s about severe animal cruelty due to GREED not necessity.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Yes we have to eat. This isn’t about human starvation. It’s about severe animal cruelty due to GREED not necessity.
Let's hope the companies who use it in products without us realising will look at sourcing ethically too.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

14-06-2021, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Let's hope the companies who use it in products without us realising will look at sourcing ethically too.
Good point. I hope so. With more people’s awareness, perhaps companies using coconut milk will start becoming more responsible of the sources they use. All we can do is try and hope.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

14-06-2021, 09:03 AM

I was just thinking about this and products I use...it just occurred to me coconut oil shampoo and conditioners moisturising creams ...in fact all sorts of products the list is endless even furniture polish so not just foods ...it must be really big business...poor monkeys
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 11:45 AM

Just found this - an ethical company!

https://coconut-merchant.com/

and a list of their stockists

https://coconut-merchant.com/pages/stockists
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 11:47 AM

The trouble is that the people who care and try to do something about this sort of thing are, sadly, in the minority. Globally, I mean. It will be years - centuries - before humanity learns to respect other species that we share the planet with. I fear the planet's resources will have been long depleted before we reach that stage.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

14-06-2021, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
The trouble is that the people who care and try to do something about this sort of thing are, sadly, in the minority. Globally, I mean. It will be years - centuries - before humanity learns to respect other species that we share the planet with. I fear the planet's resources will have been long depleted before we reach that stage.
I don’t believe humanity will ever learn to respect other species if that means they can’t benefit from them. After all, we are a very greedy, arrogant species. I think humanity will become extinct before that ever happens. Then the world would be better off without us.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I don’t believe humanity will ever learn to respect other species if that means they can’t benefit from them. After all, we are a very greedy, arrogant species. I think humanity will become extinct before that ever happens. Then the world would be better off without us.

I agree.

For those of us who care, there are many more who don't.

Anyway, in this day and age, why can't they use machinery for picking flippin' coconuts?
And even if they do expect the monkeys to work for free, there is no excuse whatsoever for keeping them in such appalling conditions at the end of each day.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top