Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 07:42 AM

Re: Conspiracy theorists and theories

I have a brother who is a conspiracy theorist and I have heard them all.

The one thing I have learned is never, ever get into an argument with them - they'll simply drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If you manage to present a sane version of what happened, it will be brushed off as fake news.

My view, certainly with my brother, is that it is an extreme form of jealousy between the haves and have nots. The likes of Bill Gates, Rothschild, Bloomberg, et al are all conspiring to rule the world, (the New World Order), and they are doing it through Covid 19.

Apparently Covid 19 is a means to control the population and stands for Certificate of Vaccination - I.D. (your ID), and this is the 19 stage. The vaccination contains little eavesdropping thingys, (nano technology, via Bill Gates), that settle in your brain allowing your thoughts to be read by the 5G radio waves sat on every telegraph pole throughout the country. Incidentally, the 5G radio waves are killing all the bees.

Now all this is at the behest of aliens that are living in underwater caves in our oceans - a fact that has been covered up by the Bush administration.

And if you think I'm shooting you a line, believe me I'm not.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 07:53 AM

Hi

I agree, rational discussion is not possible with conspiracy theorists.

They are however dangerous, locally leaflets in letterboxes stating than vaccines kill children and wearing a mask is dangerous.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->

The one thing I have learned is never, ever get into an argument with them - they'll simply drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If you manage to present a sane version of what happened, it will be brushed off as fake news.

My view, certainly with my brother, is that it is an extreme form of jealousy between the haves and have nots. The likes of Bill Gates, Rothschild, Bloomberg, et al are all conspiring to rule the world, (the New World Order), and they are doing it through Covid 19.

Apparently Covid 19 is a means to control the population and stands for Certificate of Vaccination - I.D. (your ID), and this is the 19 stage. The vaccination contains little eavesdropping thingys, (nano technology, via Bill Gates), that settle in your brain allowing your thoughts to be read by the 5G radio waves sat on every telegraph pole throughout the country. Incidentally, the 5G radio waves are killing all the bees.

Now all this is at the behest of aliens that are living in underwater caves in our oceans - a fact that has been covered up by the Bush administration.

Sounds very familiar PooBear, and the internet is the kindling .....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->

Yes PooBear I know the feeling. 😐

And then I'm told to do my "research", don't listen to mainstream media, the truth is there is you look hard enough. 😐

"research" by watching conspiracy theory videos on youtube.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 09:29 AM

Its hard to have a "Sane Version" of anything when every day is a "New Normal".
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 09:37 AM

There were protestors in London a few months back with placards saying "The Truth is Not a Conspiracy Theory".

They're in denial. Conspiracy Theorists don't like being called Conspiracy Theorists.

My boy doesn't like me to use the "theory" word when talking to him. Instead of "what do you think?", "what's your opinion?", I say, "what's your theory?". Really winds him up.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 10:07 AM

I think a lot of conspiracies are cover ups, probably because someone somewhere has made a balls up, and they cover it up, then it snowballs and just grows and grows...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 11:51 AM

Us humans have always loved a good story, that's why movies are so popular. My daughter reckons that messages have been appearing in films but most people choose to ignore them...
I think we are at a time when fiction is overlapping into reality for some...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 12:16 PM

The film "a Beautiful Mind" sums it up perfectly for me. The current situation with so many believing there are hidden agendas run by aliens just demonstrates the level of anxiety out there. The biggest agenda is towards automation, surveillance and electronic control. It's understandable people are anxious and finding ways to explain. Linking it to Covid is also understandable given the level of anxiety even though it's not logical.

It's just like people in olden days would point their finger at a supposed witch if bad things happened to them. They would then burn the witch and wonder why bad things carried on happening. So they'd say it was her spirit haunting them....just human nature. Making bizarre order from chaos.
Marky34
Surrey
Marky34 is male  Marky34 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 01:09 PM

I’ve no idea about conspiracy theories, but what is driving me mad and making me feel a bit sad is to keep hearing the phrase “when things are back to normal”, as if we’re going to miraculously wake up one morning and things will be as they were 14 months ago.

They won’t. We will never go back to the life we had previously and what we need to be telling people is that we have to find a way to live with COVID. It’s never going away and is part of our life now. Some of the restrictions will not be lifted for a long, long time to come and many of the new practices we have now got used to will be a part of our lives for ever.

That may not be palatable to some people, but it’s a fact. The vaccine will help massively, of course, but the virus is not going away and we have to find a way to learn to live in a different way.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top