Join for free
Page 10 of 129 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 > Last »
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2014, 10:07 AM

Re: Over 50s Club Manchester/Cheshire

Morning all on this thread,there was a mist early this morning and it feels fresh right now in my county.,have a good day
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2014, 12:47 PM

Hello everyone/anyone Hot and muggy here - the sun's just gone in ... don't know if it will come out to play later

Tuesday is my day for food shopping (done that !) and then picking up granddaughter from school ... grandson is 11 now so likes to walk home with his friends ... but he has to sit in their back garden until we get back as granddaughter has ballet/tap straight after school so he is home 10 minutes before us.

Her class is only for half an hour and it is lovely watching her but ... it is the longest half hour of my week !
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2014, 09:30 PM

Been very hot here too Myrtle. Apparently we have two or three week of this weather
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 05:38 PM

Hi Everybody.
We got back from Tewksbury this afternoon. It's a really nice market town with a river. A lot of tudor style buildings and narrow alleyways. The Wetherspoons hotel we stayed at called 'The Hop Pole' has been there since before Shakespeare. A really impressive building lovingly restored by Wetherspoons.

We planned on doing quite a lot of walking while there but that idea had to be hit on the head. It was too hot!! Spent most of the time strolling by the river - in the shops - and most of all lazing in the Hop Poles lovely beer garden.

Myrtle, we've been to the one at Shrewsbury too.

Eliza enjoy your day out tomorrow.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 05:47 PM

Sounds like a very nice break Carol.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 06:36 PM

Welcome back Carol,
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 07:15 PM

Hello everyone .... well Carol I am well jel Sounds wonderful .... after you said you were going to Tewkesbury I checked out the trains but even with my rail card it would be around £50 return ... then hotel etc

Anyway I'm looking at a 3 night coach trip to Gloucester and the Wye Valley but the weekend it is going (in September) I have said I will go on a dancing break ... not paid up for that yet so hoping that falls through !!! The next one is in October so maybe ....

I'm planning a day out (by train) to Liverpool on Sunday .... this split ticket lark is so time consuming !!!!

Enjoy your day out tomorrow Eliza ... and I hope everyone else has something to look forward to .... my other little treat is lunch on Friday with my forum friend (can you guess who it is? ) We met on here ... it would be lovely if we could all arrange a meet up sometime.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->

.... my other little treat is lunch on Friday with my forum friend (can you guess who it is? ) sometime.
Either CC or Venus because both come from Cheshire same as do you Myrtle - well I think you do... Is Macclesfield in Cheshire?

Am I right? - Which one?
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

23-07-2014, 10:00 PM

Well Carol I'll have to ask permission before I can tell and yes, Macclesfield is in Cheshire

And ... about my trip to Liverpool on Sunday ... how come I didn't know about the Giant Puppets this weekend ? and I wouldn't have known but for emailing a lady I met on a weekend away a few weeks ago who lives near there to ask if she wanted to meet up. She replied that she is going to Liverpool on Friday to see the Giants and didn't think she would want to go again on Sunday as its very busy ... but she said we will arrange to meet up again another time

I've decided not to go - I hate crowds like that so good job I emailed her! Back to the drawing board about what to do on Sunday
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 11:18 PM

Now then I wonder WHO Myrtle is meeting up with on Friday?

Welcome back Carol. Sounds like you had a good time but the heat would spoil it for me. Hot weather doesn't suit fair/blonde people like me.

Page 10 of 129 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top