Join for free
Page 7 of 18 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 05:34 PM

Re: Is it war??

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Cyber war is what will destroy us oldies.

The UK has no anti ballistic missile capability, so we will just back down.
Actually we do have some 100% autonomous ballistic missiles capable of being nuclear tipped, as well as a wide variety of non-ballistic things.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Actually we do have some 100% autonomous ballistic missiles capable of being nuclear tipped, as well as a wide variety of non-ballistic things.
SF is talking about anti-ballistic missile missiles.

The Yanks have them and I'm sure the Russians do too, but to the best of my knowledge neither we nor the Frogs have them.

I think I might have mentioned in a completely different thread that we were once developing one using our Bloodhound anti-aircraft missiles but, like so many things, that was cancelled by our politicians!

What we DO have (and the Frogs don't!) is a ballistic missile early warning radar system at Fylingdales, which would give us several minutes' warning of any heading our way and give us time to launch a retaliatory strike.

In addition to our Trident nuclear missiles, we certainly have many more nuclear warheads which are not mounted on ballistic missiles. They don't say so, but presumably these would be carried by aircraft. What else would we do with them?!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Stupid stunts like this always hit the headlines.
Not in france. Bemusement in France as media yawn at Jersey ‘war’.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1843165.html
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Not in france. Bemusement in France as media yawn at Jersey ‘war’.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1843165.html
The Indy is hardly indicative of anything but I'm not in the slightest bit surprised if the average Frenchman could care less about what is taking place. If however we decided to demand Le Mont-Saint-Michel (for the sake of picking anywhere) the whole country would be going ape-shit.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The Indy is hardly indicative of anything but I'm not in the slightest bit surprised if the average Frenchman could care less about what is taking place. If however we decided to demand Le Mont-Saint-Michel (for the sake of picking anywhere) the whole country would be going ape-shit.
Like in 2018, over the scallops (again)?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

War is not good, it is as simple as that.

Yes, the young will be the ones fighting it, but us oldies will suffer hugely as well.

We will not be bystanders.

War will not be the same as last time, much will be electronic, so no money, no food, no water supplies.

This will affect us oldies far more than it will affect the younger, fitter members of Society.

I agree with your sentiments Swimmy, but l disagree us oldies
will suffer more,because we have NEVER relied on all that tech
crap and will know how to survive without it ??
Fitter means nowt, it's experience and mental strength that counts
when the chips are down ??

Donkeyman! 👍👍
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

06-05-2021, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Like in 2018, over the scallops (again)?
I believe it's a great deal more important than that because it has the potential to impact on all of our territorial waters and possibly a shed load more.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You mean there are some half-decent Frogs?
I was under the impression that the only good Frog is a dead Frog.

Actually, some good friends of ours have a cottage in the Loire Valley (which they can't get to right now!) but have told us how well they get on with their neighbours. They've had help with doing up the roof, for example, and rely on them to let them know if there are any problems with the property whilst they're here in the UK.

Yes, I'm sure - like everywhere else - there are good as well as bad in France...
well, except for Paris, of course.
The frogs are a bit like us really!
The hoi poloi are ok, but the beaurocracratic elite are a bit shyte ?

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I was under the impression that the only good Frog is a dead Frog.
Do you mean that seriously? Or is this another example of your "special humour" which you mentioned the other day.

Honest question.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 09:16 PM

Stand easy Guys, there is no way there will be a war against the French....All this sort of thing just kicks off every now and then and just fizzles out disappointing the MSM so they'll have to go back to spreading lies about climate change....

Page 7 of 18 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top