Join for free
Page 13 of 18 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 02:43 PM

Re: Is it war??

Will members please stop using very large text in their posts and the bold font for large parts of their posts , it is 'bad netiquette' and classed as shouting.
thank you.

Originally Posted by Azz
Please do not use the bold tag (or in fact any other formatting tag) for the entire (or majority) of your post either - as mentioned above, formatting options are there to be used sparingly, in special cases or when highlighting/emphasising specific points or words (or sentences - when there's more than a few). Thanks!
https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=4712
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Guy Gibson's dog in the dam busters film is called the N word.
Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Right!...You know that in one print of that film shown on TV here they dubbed over it with "Digger"..
I was mightily upset when I read about the change to Guy's dog's name I can tell you. Anyone who has read the book knows what the dog's real name is and it ain't DIGGER!

BTW, the last time The Dam Busters was shown on UK TV, the dog's name had been overdubbed.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
You have to look for the agreements, not simply assume that they aren't there.

Here you go:
https://www.gov.je/Industry/FarmingF...ges/index.aspx

Oh look!
"From 1st January 2021" it says.
So also settled quite amicably some months ago then.
Until it doesn't suit the French all of a sudden, it seems.

No, it says until 1st january 2021.

From 2004 until 31 December 2020, Jersey and France shared responsibility for the management of fishing in the area between three and twelve miles off Jersey’s coast under terms agreed in the Bay of Granville Agreement, which France and the UK had signed in 2000.
After the UK left the EU in 2020, the Bay of Granville Agreement no longer had effect and Jersey's fishing relationship with France changed to be governed by the EU–UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement. This requires that Jersey allow licenced European vessels to fish in its territorial waters.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
No, it says until 1st january 2021.

From 2004 until 31 December 2020, Jersey and France shared responsibility for the management of fishing in the area between three and twelve miles off Jersey’s coast under terms agreed in the Bay of Granville Agreement, which France and the UK had signed in 2000.
After the UK left the EU in 2020, the Bay of Granville Agreement no longer had effect and Jersey's fishing relationship with France changed to be governed by the EU–UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement. This requires that Jersey allow licenced European vessels to fish in its territorial waters.
Wrong.

You're another one that needs to read things correctly.

"Direct landing of fish to the EU from 1 January 2021" and "Exporting fish to the EU from 1 January 2021" are just two of the links from within my post.

Those bits of legislation were applicable after 31st December 2020, as I posted.
You seem to have gone adrift again.
Never mind though because it's all contained in the original link I posted.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 03:52 PM

Wrong.

You're another one that needs to read things correctly.

"Direct landing of fish to the EU from 1 January 2021" and "Exporting fish to the EU from 1 January 2021" are just two of the links from within my post.

Those bits of legislation were applicable after 31st December 2020, as I posted.
You seem to have gone adrift again.
Never mind though because it's all contained in the original link I posted.
Nope, like boris, you are not strong on the detail, it seems.
Jersey took control of all fishing boats in its waters through a licensing process. However, EU boats with a history of fishing in Jersey waters will be granted a permit. Similarly, Jersey boats that have traditionally fished in French waters will be given a permit to continue by the French authorities.*

An amnesty period was introduced, allowing French boats over 12 m long to continue to fish until the end of April.

Following the UK's exit from the EU, an interim amnesty arrangement was agreed in January, allowing French fishing boats with a licence under the Granville Bay Agreement to continue to fish in the Island's waters while the TCA licence system was being set-up.
The amnesty period for boats with a Vessel Monitoring System (VMS) ends today, Friday 30 April.*
https://www.gov.je/News/2021/Pages/F...cesIssued.aspx
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 04:09 PM

Jersey took control of all fishing boats in its waters through a licensing process. However, EU boats with a history of fishing in Jersey waters will be granted a permit. Similarly, Jersey boats that have traditionally fished in French waters will be given a permit to continue by the French authorities.*

An amnesty period was introduced, allowing French boats over 12 m long to continue to fish until the end of April.

Following the UK's exit from the EU, an interim amnesty arrangement was agreed in January, allowing French fishing boats with a licence under the Granville Bay Agreement to continue to fish in the Island's waters while the TCA licence system was being set-up.
The amnesty period for boats with a Vessel Monitoring System (VMS) ends today, Friday 30 April.*
I see that you're just determined to continue with your old habit of getting things completely wrong and blaming the other person just to provoke ill-feeling.

All the official rules and regulations are as I posted, direct from Jersey's government.
You can try squirming if you want, but they are there in black and white.
You are posting news from the Jersey Government of what has happened after the proposed changes were implemented, that's all.

What it amounts to basically is that the French don't have the necessary documentation required to obtain the permits they want in order to continue fishing in Jersey's waters.
They knew the changes were coming.

"Don Thompson, the president of the Jersey Fishermen's Association, said "all the focus" in the row had been on the French fleet, adding: "They've actually been given four months of amnesty to carry on fishing whilst they make applications for licences to fish in our waters... whilst our fishermen have been banned from landing into France."

That's from The Telegraph BTW.
I have seen suggestions that the real reason for these French fishermen's distress is that the new system prevents the illegal fishing which they are accustomed-to and that this is also what is preventing them from obtaining licenses.
They deliberately have no record of their fishing history because it is suspect.
In other words these French fishermen have been the cause of their own demise.
I for one do not feel sorry for them.

Now carry on squabbling if you must and as is your habitual style, but in honesty it will make no difference (unless it is just to salve your ego) because it will be those involved that decide the future of fishing around Jersey and not you or I, nor anybody else in forums like this.
Percy Vere
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 04:09 PM

Jersey took control of all fishing boats in its waters through a licensing process. However, EU boats with a history of fishing in Jersey waters will be granted a permit. Similarly, Jersey boats that have traditionally fished in French waters will be given a permit to continue by the French authorities.

EU boat owners have to PROVE they have a history of fishing in Jersey's waters (like in the UK's waters) now, in order to be granted a license. The only way they CAN prove this history is to provide the digital trip data they KNEW they would have to provide 5 years ago. Many of the trawler owners stuck 2 fingers up, refused to fit the necessary equipment and, so, have not received their licenses. Those that DID fit the equipment, and HAVE provided the required digital trip data, have received licenses to fish. Where is the argument?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

09-05-2021, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
EU boat owners have to PROVE they have a history of fishing in Jersey's waters (like in the UK's waters) now, in order to be granted a license. The only way they CAN prove this history is to provide the digital trip data they KNEW they would have to provide 5 years ago. Many of the trawler owners stuck 2 fingers up, refused to fit the necessary equipment and, so, have not received their licenses. Those that DID fit the equipment, and HAVE provided the required digital trip data, have received licenses to fish. Where is the argument?
Did you read what france requires from jersey fishermen to grant the reciprocal licence?
Percy Vere

09-05-2021, 04:35 PM

Did you read what France requires from Jersey fishermen to grant the reciprocal licence?
No, I haven't. Please enlighten me without bending the facts to suit "your truth" please.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

09-05-2021, 04:36 PM

I see that you're just determined to continue with your old habit of getting things completely wrong and blaming the other person just to provoke ill-feeling.

All the official rules and regulations are as I posted, direct from Jersey's government.
You can try squirming if you want, but they are there in black and white.
You are posting news from the Jersey Government of what has happened after the proposed changes were implemented, that's all.

What it amounts to basically is that the French don't have the necessary documentation required to obtain the permits they want in order to continue fishing in Jersey's waters.
They knew the changes were coming.

"Don Thompson, the president of the Jersey Fishermen's Association, said "all the focus" in the row had been on the French fleet, adding: "They've actually been given four months of amnesty to carry on fishing whilst they make applications for licences to fish in our waters... whilst our fishermen have been banned from landing into France."

That's from The Telegraph BTW.
I have seen suggestions that the real reason for these French fishermen's distress is that the new system prevents the illegal fishing which they are accustomed-to and that this is also what is preventing them from obtaining licenses.
They deliberately have no record of their fishing history because it is suspect.
In other words these French fishermen have been the cause of their own demise.
I for one do not feel sorry for them.

Now carry on squabbling if you must and as is your habitual style, but in honesty it will make no difference (unless it is just to salve your ego) because it will be those involved that decide the future of fishing around Jersey and not you or I, nor anybody else in forums like this.
No need to apologize my dear zappy! Anyone and everyone can make a mistake! Even you. It just proves you're only human.

As for those french fishermen, they just trusted on that amically reached agreement you referred to, to be extended. And why shouldn't they put their trust in that? Jersey fishermen are still allowed to fish in french waters.

Page 13 of 18 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top