Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 12:38 PM

Chocolate Tarmac (or Concrete) Cake with Pink Custard

Good afternoon all,

Well, Had every intention of doing a baked Banana Cheesecake for dinner dessert this evening but you know how it is, sidetracked once AGAIN with other tasks, and not in the mood anymore, so….. instead, I am going to make a very quick dessert that I haven’t done in years It takes exactly 25-30 minutes from start to finish., It’s a super quick dessert to make, and was one of my favourites when I was in school. You can either serve it warm (which I will) or if you let it rest it will turn harder.

Does anyone remember CHOCOLATE CONCRETE WITH PINK CUSTARD from their schooldays? Just four ingredients needed to make this delicious dessert. Flour, Sugar, Butter and Cocoa Powder. You can serve it either hot or cold, soft cake warm or if you leave it to set, the school favourite - Crispy hard on the outside. YOM YOM.

Got the Raspberry Blancmange ready, I could have used Strawberry flavour but have been informed that when making pink custard, it has to be Raspberry rather than Strawberry for a much nicer flavoured custard.
If you haven’t got Blancmange to hand, of course, you can use ordinary custard with red flavouring, but nothing beats Raspberry blancmange for proper Pink Custard. (or so my Niece informs me!)

I have found a video to post with this recipe because it is done exactly the same way as the recipe that I already have. The guy on the left in the video really irritated me, but they do explain the method precisely.

IMPORTANT - Whatever you do, make sure you put a couple of tablespoons of sugar into your blancmange dry mix before adding the milk to make a paste - to ensure you have a lovely sweet custard.

Enjoy it if you try it.
(To hell with the calories for today).

Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Fan 160C/GasMark 4.

INGREDIENTS

For the Chocolate Concrete
200g Plain Flour
200g Granulated Sugar
100g Melted Butter
50g Cocoa Powder.

(Please watch video).

[IMG]
[/IMG].
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

20-01-2021, 09:19 PM

Re: Chocolate Tarmac (or Concrete) Cake with Pink Custard

cant say i remember this?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top