Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 03:55 PM

Re: Given Up Sending Christmas Cards?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The problem isn't the cards it's the postage.
With you there LD. We bulk buy cards in the January sales so they work out cheaper. This year, each of our cards cost *½ that of a 2nd class stamp.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
With you there LD. We bulk buy cards in the January sales so they work out cheaper. This year, each of our cards cost *½ that of a 2nd class stamp.
Have you tried re-using cards, Percy?

Write them all in pencil?

eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 05:23 PM

I don't understand why some people send really poor quality ugly cards. Is it an indication of how they feel about the recipient? Surely if you're going to bother, then at least send decent cards.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I don't understand why some people send really poor quality ugly cards. Is it an indication of how they feel about the recipient? Surely if you're going to bother, then at least send decent cards.
That is why I like to make my own - and tailor them to the recipient.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 08:41 PM

I am still purchasing cards (2 boxes and several special cards) and sending them out to my friends and family this year and intend to keep doing it. It is one of the rituals of Christmas time that I look forward to, letting others know they are in my thoughts. Yes, I send five to England, it makes me smile to surprise the recipients.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That is why I like to make my own - and tailor them to the recipient.
I make birthday cards, Tabs, but don't do Christmas cards. You make beauties, I've seen some of your posts. I am in awe
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 09:00 PM

I will never stop sending cards and I hope I never stop receiving them. I love to give and receive them. I deliver mine by hand except for my Auntie & cousins in America, I send those by Moonpig if I don't make my own.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 11:00 PM

Tight arse sods!.......

For sixty five pence you can send a card to anywhere in the UK which will arrive in a couple of days.....Probably the best value you will ever find. You pay more than that to get your takeaway delivered, or a lottery ticket that you will never win more than a tenner every blue moon....For the cost of parking in Doncaster for one hour I could send five cards with first class stamps on them.... Bloody scrooges!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I make birthday cards, Tabs, but don't do Christmas cards. You make beauties, I've seen some of your posts. I am in awe
Thank you!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 11:57 PM

I've not given up sending cards, although the number is lower now, due to folk moving onwards and upwards.

I only sent mine off the other day - it gets later each year and I've not delivered the local ones yet

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top