Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 08:16 PM

Re: Spooky Christmas Story.

What a spooky tale, Tabby.

Like Foxy, I also disliked Lord James from the start
Have you insight into the hunting world by any chance?
I ask, because the descriptions were spot on. In fact I happen to know a Lord James in real life, and now I cannot fail to believe you know him too except this one is alive and kicking.

Every time I read your writings, I can vividly picture everything as we go along, even in colour. It makes it seem like I am there, witnessing it.

Well done Tabby.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Thanks, Foxy. I hope you don't have nightmares!

Spent some time with horses as a child - one of my uncles was a Vet and also ran a stables. Am ashamed to say I did once (but only once) ride to hounds before I was old enough to know better - never let them blood me though.
You are a woman of surprises Tabby....
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
And filled with eastern promise.

Don't know why that seemed right, but it did.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What a spooky tale, Tabby.

Like Foxy, I also disliked Lord James from the start
Have you insight into the hunting world by any chance?
I ask, because the descriptions were spot on. In fact I happen to know a Lord James in real life, and now I cannot fail to believe you know him too except this one is alive and kicking.

Every time I read your writings, I can vividly picture everything as we go along, even in colour. It makes it seem like I am there, witnessing it.

Well done Tabby.
Thank you, Mups. I don't really know a lot about horses per se - but did once go out with the hunt, in Ireland, when I was about 13 and a bit naive. Wouldn't do it now.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I would hate to be predictable, Foxy!

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
And filled with eastern promise.

Don't know why that seemed right, but it did.
Must find my silver ankle bells and do a quick Bollywood dance - learned one or two in India!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Must find my silver ankle bells and do a quick Bollywood dance - learned one or two in India!
I knew it, ST. I knew it!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I knew it, ST. I knew it!
Was only there for six weeks but - my word - it was action packed!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 11:42 PM

A very enjoyable tale Silver, well done.

As usual you have the “Knack” for spinning a yarn, it roles on effortlessly and holds the reader right up to the end, only the knack can achieve that natural flow, in my humble opinion.

I’ve always liked spooky stuff too, so I particularly liked that one, pity Hammer Films are gone, that, with a bit of extra writing would have made an ideal Hammer Horror film. “Sleepy Hallow” and “The Birds” were originally spooky short stories.
Many thanks for posting it.

God blessed you with quite a few talents and it’s great to see you are not wasting them, long may you continue my friend.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

20-12-2020, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
A very enjoyable tale Silver, well done.

As usual you have the “Knack” for spinning a yarn, it roles on effortlessly and holds the reader right up to the end, only the knack can achieve that natural flow, in my humble opinion.

I’ve always liked spooky stuff too, so I particularly liked that one, pity Hammer Films are gone, that, with a bit of extra writing would have made an ideal Hammer Horror film. “Sleepy Hallow” and “The Birds” were originally spooky short stories.
Many thanks for posting it.

God blessed you with quite a few talents and it’s great to see you are not wasting them, long may you continue my friend.
Thank you, Jem, perhaps I was a seanchaí in a previous life! I owe you a pint of Jameson's next time I am home!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top