Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 12:05 PM

Alexa Device Issues?

I,now, have about 5 Alexa devices in my abode. They are sprad around the rooms.

They are clearly seen as a good Xmas present so I will not be surprised to get some more!

Anyway, here is an Alexa problem which I am trying to solve.

I want to get all of these devices into sync, so that as we wander from room to room, we're not hearing the words or Music catching up from the room before.

There is a Alexa feature called "Everywhere".

If I shout "Alexa, play BBC World Service, everywhere", sure enough I get all the alexas synced perfectly and the language is English.

However, If I want to try the same thing with BBC Radio 2 (for example) they sync OK but spoken language comes out as Welsh! No amount of fumbling with the languages, in the Alexa App, fixes this.

Someone might have solved this?

Note, all my Alexas are on the same WiFi.

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 04:59 PM

Re: Alexa Device Issues?

You should worry Ted ...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	alexa.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	14338  
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 06:59 PM

Do you start the 'everywhere' function from the same device or does the problem manifest itself when launching from another device?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I,now, have about 5 Alexa devices in my abode. They are sprad around the rooms.

They are clearly seen as a good Xmas present so I will not be surprised to get some more!

Anyway, here is an Alexa problem which I am trying to solve.

I want to get all of these devices into sync, so that as we wander from room to room, we're not hearing the words or Music catching up from the room before.

There is a Alexa feature called "Everywhere".

If I shout "Alexa, play BBC World Service, everywhere", sure enough I get all the alexas synced perfectly and the language is English.

However, If I want to try the same thing with BBC Radio 2 (for example) they sync OK but spoken language comes out as Welsh! No amount of fumbling with the languages, in the Alexa App, fixes this.

Someone might have solved this?

Note, all my Alexas are on the same WiFi.

You could ask Matron.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 09:18 PM

Delete.. (why can't you just delete something full stop?)
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Do you start the 'everywhere' function from the same device or does the problem manifest itself when launching from another device?
I start it from whatever room I'm in.

If I tell it !Alexa, play BBC Radio 4, everywhere" it works correctly & in sync. English is used correctly.

If I tell the same, asking for BBC radio 2 everywhere, it does the same, except that the spoken words are all in what sounds like welsh (including the words in any songs!)
It replies positively, in English, saying what I said, and then they all play, in full sync, no delays, but using the Welsh (?) as said above. Looks to be coming from a different source.

If I go into settings, there is no setting which lets me change the languauge back to English!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Delete.. (why can't you just delete something full stop?)
Once you've posted it keezoy, it has to say something. I often have second thoughts about a post and abort it before posting by just X'ing out or clicking on 'Home'...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 09:53 PM

Sorry Ted I can't help, but why can't we have a Alex and use a blokes voice. I'm sick of women that are smarter than me...
Even the bird on my sat nav knows more about geography than me.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 10:04 PM

Have you tried asking Alexa? I'm serious, might be worth a try.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-12-2020, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Have you tried asking Alexa? I'm serious, might be worth a try.
No Alexa's crap at navigation.....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top