Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 04:35 PM

Re: The fishing war begins ??

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->

Apparently the "huge blockade" was over by lunchtime today anyway, "hours before EU regulators approved 100 million euros ($120.52 million) in French aid for the country's fisheries industry." says Reuters.
So you mean they are paying them NOT to catch fish ??
Wait till the money runs out ??
What's a 100,000,000 Euro's now days, especially shared amongst
a load of vino swilling Frogs ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I've been reading about this as it's being quite widely reported in today's newspapers (but not on TV or BBC radio of course). The Frog fishermen are up in arms because they haven't been issued with the licenses they applied for back in January.

DEFRA HAS issued licenses but only to those trawler owners that have digital proof their boats have fished in our waters over the past 5 years (these are part of the new requirements needed to apply for a license apparently). The 80 or so Frog boat owners that are causing grief have not been able to supply this digital proof to DEFRA so no licenses can be issued to them. Fairy Nuff, says I, we're applying the new rules just like the EU is applying the new rules.
Oh, PV, I'm not sure I like you calling them Frogs all the time.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I'd cry for them if I wasn't rolling on the floor killing myself laughing over this
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
So you mean they are paying them NOT to catch fish ??
Wait till the money runs out ??
What's a 100,000,000 Euro's now days, especially shared amongst
a load of vino swilling Frogs ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Yup.
Exactly that.

Wait until the Irish fisherman realize they've lost out again.
They're already fuming with their government, France and the EU.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh, PV, I'm not sure I like you calling them Frogs all the time.
Well, tough, I can't exactly call them Toadies, can I? How about cheese eating, wine drinking surrender monkeys instead?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 11:48 PM

I wonder what Jersey will be calling the French with their latest threatened 'persuasive' methods?

"The French government has warned it could cut electricity to Jersey amid an escalating row over post-Brexit fishing rights.

Maritime Minister Annick Girardin told the French parliament that new rules governing access to Channel Islands waters were unacceptable.

She said France was "ready to use... retaliatory measures" under the UK-EU post-Brexit trade deal."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56984886
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-05-2021, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I wonder what Jersey will be calling the French with their latest threatened 'persuasive' methods?

"The French government has warned it could cut electricity to Jersey amid an escalating row over post-Brexit fishing rights.

Maritime Minister Annick Girardin told the French parliament that new rules governing access to Channel Islands waters were unacceptable.

She said France was "ready to use... retaliatory measures" under the UK-EU post-Brexit trade deal."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56984886
Last I heard, Jersey was inviting the Frogs to fish freely around their waters.
What has changed?
Or is it just what the Frogs do best - until someone stands up to them?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 09:09 AM

Thread locked, please see my post here..

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=74799

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top