Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 10:07 PM

My Cupboard

Earlier today, just as I had taken something (I forget what ) out of my kitchen cupboard and closed the door, there was a sharp crack. I say kitchen cupboard, but I haven’t really got a kitchen as such. I live in a flat, and the kitchen and living area are part and parcel of the same room. Anyway, the fact is, the cupboard is a kitchen cupboard, regardless of where it hangs. It wasn’t a very loud crack; just loud enough to cause me concern, but not loud enough to startle me. A medium loud crack would be a fair description.

On inspection, I could see that the top right-hand corner of the cupboard had come away from the wall, and left a half inch gap. I say half inch, but that is only an estimate; I did not measure the gap. I didn’t panic, even though I wondered whether I ought to. I thought about it for a bit, and then took everything out of the cupboard. I put the contents of the right side of the cupboard into a cardboard box. The contents of the left side, which was entirely crockery, I put on the dinning room table. I am not claiming to have a dining room, just a dining room table.

I am quite confident that the cupboard is still secure enough -now that it is empty- to not come crashing down in the middle of the night when I am fast asleep, and when it would startle me . There is nothing more I can do at present, except wait for the owner of the flat to come and assess the situation. I will, of course, post updates as events progress.

Just as an afterthought, it occurred to me that some might have been left feeling hanging regarding the contents of the right side of the cupboard, which I forgot to describe earlier, my concentration being on those of the left side, which were by far the heavier.

The right side of the cupboard -or starboard side, as I call it when I’m in a frivolous mood- contained mundane things like gravy granules, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, cocoa powder, Oxo cubes and other items along similar lines. It also contained a surprising amount of loose salt and pepper at the bottom, which only came to light after the removal of everything else. The cupboard has no nautical aspects to it, btw.

I’ll leave things there for now, before it starts to become boring.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 10:20 PM

Re: My Cupboard

....... To be continued - I hope!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
....... To be continued - I hope!
Surely you don't think I'd leave you on a cliff edge, do you, Mags?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Surely you don't think I'd leave you on a cliff edge, do you, Mags?
I hope not Harbal!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 10:39 PM

The details are quite intriguing, Harbal! I do hope you get it fixed. How alarming, to have your kitchen falling to bits around you!
Harbal
South Yorkshire

02-06-2021, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
How alarming, to have your kitchen falling to bits around you!
Well, as I said, Pixie, it is only partly a kitchen, so it's not as alarming as it could have been, were it a proper kitchen.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

02-06-2021, 10:47 PM

This thread has had 6 views, btw.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

02-06-2021, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
This thread has had 6 views, btw.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 08:15 AM

Shaker style kichenette...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 08:24 AM

Sounds like an open and shut case to me Harbal...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top