Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 01:50 PM

Re: How Much Would You Spend On An Eyeshadow?

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Me neither, good grief....thats extortionate! I have heard of tattoo make up, that would be worth thinking about maybe? I don't know how they apply it, but its permanent.
Yes, Pixie...£22.50 is extortionate but some will pay it... just for the brand name.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Just reading this made me think about mixing your own powders to get the right shade and found this:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/150237337543948737/

and

https://www.yourbeautyblog.com/2013/...w-recipes.html

worth a thought?
Wow! Lindyloo, l’d never have thought it was possible to make homemade eyeshadow! I do have some of those ingredients in the house ie. cocoa!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2021, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
How Much Would You Spend On An Eyeshadow?

Not a brass razoo!
Oh go on, LD...you know it would suit you, especially with a bit of manscara too.
Just add mangloss, stilettos, a wiggle, a strut.... and you’ve arrived!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2021, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
The only cosmetics I would consider using come from the 'Beauty without Cruelty' range as neither the finished product nor any of the ingredients have been tested on animals.

They do not sell at rip off prices either - eye shadow currently retails at £6.
ST, l think, or l like to think that animals aren’t used so much for testing these days?

Yes, the other eyeshadows l saw were reasonably priced but unfortunately none were the colour l wanted.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 02:21 PM

I have sensitive eyes so I always buy a product suited to my eyes.
Unfortunately, this means paying more but I don't mind.

I usually go for Clinique. It costs round about £20 but it lasts so long that the price isn't worth bothering about.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 02:24 PM

I would not buy Clinique products.

Clinique is not cruelty-free.
It sells products in markets where animal testing is required by law. And whilst it's unclear if Clinique itself tests ingredients on animals, it is complicit in pre or post-market animal testing and its suppliers may test on animals too.

Clinique is owned by Estée Lauder and its official animal testing policy is not to test on animals except when required by law. Clinique is sold in mainland China, where animal testing is required by law.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 02:28 PM

Would not buy any of these for the same reason.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 02:34 PM

My daughter used to use Clinique products but it brought her face out in rashes. She went to the doctor about it and was advised to discontinue using Clinique products. No rashes after. She just uses cheaper moisturiser now.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Would not buy any of these for the same reason.

Interesting to see how many of these useless firms still make money out of exploiting cruelty to animals.
Thanks Tabs.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Would you pay that?
Your money, your choice how you spend it. I don't wear shadow any more but I'd never have spent more than £5 on any colour. Make up, like all these "miracle" face creams, is a huge con IMO. However, I would and do spend a ridiculous amount on perfumes. Each to their own.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top