Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 11:12 AM

Re: Hyundai Hidden Keyhole!

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Just reading (at last) some of the guidance in the manual!

Some quite interesting items.

e.g. The doors, automatically, lock themselves after a very short period of time (a few minutes).

Thus they had to put in a safety measure in case it did this whilst you had left a child, or an animal, in the car, whilst you popped into the shop.

So, the car has to recognise any movement, in the car, just in case. and not lock the car. If the car is already locked, the alarm will go off after a period of time!

Your child could be trapped in otherwise.

So, I'm told, my car had locked, on a sunny day in the club car park, and the heat caused the stick on camera to fall off the windscreen.

Spotting this device swinging around, the car triggered the alarm system.

The alarm system must have been ignored whilst calling out all day. on the car park, because the battery became so flat that there was nothing left. There was just a small glimmer coming out of all the lights.

There would have been lots of people walking by!!!!

Where will we go next?
My car has this same feature, often noticed when cleaning the car. Fortunately I always put the keys in my pocket so not a problem. I wonder though what would happen should I leave the keys on say, the driver's seat and close the doors? Would the doors lock so locking me out of the car? There is a spare set of keys but I have yet to try this out to see what happens! Far too busy though, playing with the other facilities on this 'laptop' on wheels!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 04:48 PM

Today I was at the local garage to have a new Battery fitted.

The first thing the Mechanic said to me, as he opened the bonnet, was "please take your ignition key out of the car."

When asked why, he said "you wouldn't believe the trouble you can get if we remove the battery power whilst the keys are in"

I explained why I was here......!

He said, yes, "Great bit of Design!"
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Today I was at the local garage to have a new Battery fitted.

The first thing the Mechanic said to me, as he opened the bonnet, was "please take your ignition key out of the car."

When asked why, he said "you wouldn't believe the trouble you can get if we remove the battery power whilst the keys are in"

I explained why I was here......!

He said, yes, "Great bit of Design!"
Other than the comments re: design I hope you had arranged a bank loan or mortgage? I am informed the batteries required for the 'modern' car, especially with 'stop/start' technology cost a small fortune to replace.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top