Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 10:12 AM

Rhubarb Crisis

Rhubarb Crisis

My landlord has recently been in touch about doing a property inspection, and wants to know when it would be convenient for him to come. This has left me in a state of panic.

My tenancy agreement clearly states that I am not allowed to keep either pets or rhubarb on the premises. I did have a dog, but it died a couple of years ago without him ever knowing about it. I do not, however, know how I am going to get round the problem of the rhubarb. My bedroom is wall to wall with it. It is the only thing in there; I sleep on the sofa upstairs. I have even adapted the bedroom so that the rhubarb can be kept in total darkness, and there is also quite an elaborate ventilation system. He’ll hit the roof when he finds out.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 10:19 AM

Re: Rhubarb Crisis

Insist that he fixes a date for the inspection - then harvest and eat as much as you can. Email the rest to family and friends. An excess of rhubarb might just be the very thing your unruly grandchildren need. If they won't eat it you could use it to beat them!

Hint: I love rhubarb.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 10:20 AM

Harbal all I can say is 'rhubarb rhubarb hubarb'

...and offer you a recipe for 'pigs bum pudding' which is made with rhubarb
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Insist that he fixes a date for the inspection
But I need a lot of time to restore the place back to what he is expecting to find, Tabby, and I don't think I can put him off for that long.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

21-06-2021, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Harbal all I can say is 'rhubarb rhubarb hubarb'

...and offer you a recipe for 'pigs bum pudding' which is made with rhubarb
The more ways I can find to use up rhubarb, the better, Meg.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 10:54 AM

You'll have to tell him that it's not convenient because you are unable to leave the toilet on account of having consumed 943 lbs of rhubarb. He can't accuse you of having had the rhubarb in your house, because for all he knows you ate it at a friend's house.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

21-06-2021, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
You'll have to tell him that it's not convenient because you are unable to leave the toilet on account of having consumed 943 lbs of rhubarb. He can't accuse you of having had the rhubarb in your house, because for all he knows you ate it at a friend's house.
Actually, I have to use the toilet at my friend's house, mine has been converted into an irrigation system.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 11:44 AM

Dont you ever stop talking rhubarb
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 11:45 AM

Hmm - do we believe in this rhubarb? Sounds more like a Cannabis Forest to me!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Hmm - do we believe in this rhubarb? Sounds more like a Cannabis Forest to me!

Of course not!

Are men always like this when they are bored after retiring?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top