Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 05:43 AM

Re: Watching Rome Burn

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

One , do not be so dismissive of the intelligence of members on here.
I was being dismissive of the intelligence of people in general, not particularly here. I count myself as a person in general, btw.

Two, you know exactly what you are doing.
I don't get accused of that very often, swimfeeders, but I hope your confidence in me is justified.

It is not funny.
Perhaps not so much before your intervention.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
both are pointless if the majority of criminals are let off.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If people are happy with being monitored outside their homes they should be just as happy to have people watching what they do inside their homes.
You're being paranoid now.
I'm perfectly happy to be monitored outside my home, quite simply because that is a public place and I have nothing to hide.
However, I can see no reason why I should be monitored inside my own home as that is a private place.
Can you really not see the difference?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-06-2021, 11:06 AM

Yes precisely so. The prison system is heaving as it is so it's not in their interests to have long sentences.
It is, because it's a holiday camp for criminals.
Have a few weeks/months off from work, relax and be looked after for free, all mod cons provided!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm perfectly happy to be monitored outside my home, quite simply because that is a public place and I have nothing to hide.
However, I can see no reason why I should be monitored inside my own home as that is a private place.
Sometimes banging your head against a brick wall is the easier option
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 11:15 AM

Can't be entirely sure and don't want to put words in her mouth, but I think that Annie might be referring to monitoring online activity as being watching you inside your home.

Of course, some home CCTV systems are linked to the web, as indeed are things such as Amazon Alexa. The latter seems to have been well documented and discussed as potentially univited intruders.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 08:06 PM

I see everywhere as a "private place" when it comes to being filmed or recorded. It's an intrusion into my ability to walk around anonymously in public. It's not about whether I am doing anything wrong or not. It's about being spied on by strangers. It's just the same as someone filming inside my home to me.

It's great though these days because those of us wearing masks will confuddle any facial recognition crud software. Plus we have the perfect excuse to wear masks if we please.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Can't be entirely sure and don't want to put words in her mouth, but I think that Annie might be referring to monitoring online activity as being watching you inside your home.

Of course, some home CCTV systems are linked to the web, as indeed are things such as Amazon Alexa. The latter seems to have been well documented and discussed as potentially univited intruders.
We are definitely listened to online by our phones and devices such as Alexa. There are also hackers who can get into devices with cameras inside your house. Even smart TVs have snooping features. People can hack into internet based security cameras or even your thermostat if it's wireless. There was that scandal of Russian hackers putting online filmed footage of British children sleeping via hacking of baby monitors some years back.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 08:12 PM

It is, because it's a holiday camp for criminals.
Have a few weeks/months off from work, relax and be looked after for free, all mod cons provided!
You laughed at me for having an opinion on GB News without ever having watched it. So, knowing how you feel about what qualifies one to comment, are we to assume that you've spent time in prison?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 08:38 PM

I see everywhere as a "private place" when it comes to being filmed or recorded. It's an intrusion into my ability to walk around anonymously in public. It's not about whether I am doing anything wrong or not. It's about being spied on by strangers. It's just the same as someone filming inside my home to me.

It's great though these days because those of us wearing masks will confuddle any facial recognition crud software. Plus we have the perfect excuse to wear masks if we please.
Thank you for both this and the reply on the escooter thread.

You make your arguments well and have given me much to ponder over.

Think I'll duck out of the discussion this time round, partly because I need to find data to inform where I'm at, and partly because we currently seem to have 3 threads on the go which overlap and make it a bit tricky.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top