Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 06:17 PM

Roberts Rambles 14

There are several trig points around Scarborough, so after knocking together a list of five I set off with Mrs Fox and her friend. The intention was, to drop Mrs Fox and her friend off for a day’s shopping in Scarborough while I drove around the countryside finding trigs.....I made my way to the first one which I had visited a couple of years before, but because I wasn’t officially bagging them at that time, I decided that it didn’t count and I must do it again. I recall it was situated right in the middle of a field and I had to fight my through a tangle of rough waist high grass and thistles. I arrived at the field to find waist high corn this time and you can just make it out at the far side of the field. I decided not to trample the farmers crops and return when it has been harvested.....

I drove on to the second one on the list, I had also visited this one several times before as it was at the end (or beginning, depending which way round you preferred to do it) of my favourite 42 mile walk/run which I completed no less than 21 times, including racing over it 9 times, and even doing the double, there and back non stop...I was surprised to find that someone had given it a cleanup and a coat of paint....

Time was racing faster than me today so I decided to visit a favourite cafe for a sandwich and a refreshing pot of tea. After ordering a Ham Salad I was told in no uncertain terms that there was no salad. We do coleslaw she said in an excited voice, alright I’ll have that then.....A voice from the kitchen shouts......Sorry no coleslaw!.. Okay, just the ham with a little mustard then.....No mustard but we do have pickle......Just the pickle then....This cafe is not as I remembered it....
Feeling refreshed after my pot of tea and almost naked ham sandwich I scurried off to the third trig on my list.
It was called Suffield and located at the top of a wooded hill, after driving around for half an hour I finally found the best way to approach it. A secluded and quiet little path that made its way through the trees until it reached the edge of the escarpment where high on a mound was the trig. This turned out to be my favourite find of the day and I lingered here for a while..

It was now past three in the afternoon and number four on the list involved quite a bit of walking so I decided to miss that one out and go to the last one at Coomb Hill. The skies were darkening and I could see rain up the valley, perhaps just enough time to do this last one. A fairly long drive up a single track road which led deep into a dark forest of conifers. I eventually arrived at the viewpoint which was well marked, but no sign of the trig which should have been close by. After taking several paths and crashing my way through an overgrown copse getting scratched to death, and now with the rain gently falling, I abandoned the search. I know it’s here somewhere, but with the bracken at shoulder height it could be hiding in the undergrowth, I shall return later in the year....Another two to add to the list making it 19......

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	0069 Cloughton.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	16158   Click image for larger version

Name:	0071 A Ravenscar.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	16159   Click image for larger version

Name:	0072 Ravenscar.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	16160   Click image for larger version

Name:	0079 Langdale.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	16161   Click image for larger version

Name:	0083 Langdale.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	16162  

Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 06:48 PM

Re: Roberts Rambles 14

Your shorts seem to be getting shorter and shorter, Foxy. Be careful nothing pops out of the bottom.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Your shorts seem to be getting shorter and shorter, Foxy. Be careful nothing pops out of the bottom.
Ssh Harbal!
Us ladyfolks are waiting with baited breath
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 07:05 PM

Well done Bob! 19 already is good considering all the cuts and scratches you must pick up on the way.

I hope you can find some easier ones next week 🤞
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 08:52 PM

You're supposed to be looking at the scenery Harbal....
but It's got to be kinda traditional now....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 08:54 PM

Yeah I thought I saw his willy popping through
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-07-2021, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by rhian ->
ssh harbal!
Us ladyfolks are waiting with baited breath
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 08:55 PM

it's been raining here nearly all day, this evening it came good for a short while but now its chucking it down and thundering. Great pics as alway Foxy x
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-07-2021, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Yeah I thought I saw his willy popping through
I very much doubt it Queeny, it was too cold....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-07-2021, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
it's been raining here nearly all day, this evening it came good for a short while but now its chucking it down and thundering. Great pics as alway Foxy x
Thanks Lion Queen, I'm glad I managed to pick a reasonably dry day yesterday. I just got chased away on the last one...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top