Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 09:25 PM

Re: Steam Mops. Have You Got One?

IT ALL STARTED WITH A VISION

In 1978, Franco Polti had a brilliant idea: to bring the quality of professional ironing to every home; So he created Vaporella, the first steam generator with an integrated boiler for home use. Always on the lookout for innovative products, Polti decided to take advantage of the power of steam to make cleaning easier and, in 1983, created Vaporetto, the first ecological household appliance that cleans the entire house with the power of the steam at 120 °.

No idea why thought they were Polish..but just copied and pasted above....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Yes, I have a Dirt Devil, which I use for the vinyl flooring in the kitchen. I was always a mop and bucket gal, but I love the steam cleaner - no products, so no rinsing and waiting ages for the floor to dry; it's dry in seconds. So easy to use, and can also be used as a hand held cleaner for upholstery, curtains, ovens, grills etc.
Bathsheba, Your Dirt Devil sounds very versatile.
As well as the Shark steam mop, l was bought a separate Tower hand steamer with various attachments but l am not sure what to use that for and l am restricted by the cable on it.
So far, l have only steamed the kitchen wall tiles.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
realspeed, You love your naughty jokes... don’t you?
Art. Having had that episode in hospital I spoke about before, every day is a bonus . So now I can see the funny side of Life sometimes
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 12:28 AM

The shark pocket steam mop is the cheapest £69.99. It's not worth paying a high price for this type of gadget as they all go wrong after a couple of years max. The pocket mop is good at cleaning but you have to push the dratted handle up and down to make it steam. Extra pads aren't cheap either. Plus it's a pain to clean them. They need bleach. I think the cleaner that lasted longest was a tesco own brand, but of course they are no longer made.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Zaphod, Polti? I have never heard of that brand.
Any pics?
Sure thing.
https://www.polti.co.uk/

IIRC it was my sister that showed us hers that led us to Polti.
Ours is ........ oh, four or five years old now and hasn't skipped a beat despite regular use in all that time.

It's very heavy water here but we just descale it regularly, just like you do with a kettle.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 11:19 PM

I've never been tempted. I like my vileda mop & bucket.

It's really quite effortless though I do have to go & sit down with a cup of coffee while it dries - good excuse for a rest..
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I've never been tempted. I like my vileda mop & bucket.

It's really quite effortless though I do have to go & sit down with a cup of coffee while it dries - good excuse for a rest..
Carol, l was quite happy with my old fashioned mop head and bucket of Flash water ..until l was bought this!
It’s so effortless, you can wizz round so quick!!
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 10:17 AM

I had a steam mop I think it was a shark a red one ,notice past tense
I loved it but had to use distilled water that was a faff , tap water so hard in Hampshire even with water softener it blocked eventually . What with the cleaning of the cleaner i gave up …it went to charity .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 12:35 PM

My sister has one, paid £30 for it (it was half price, apparently), but she has a big kitchen, and two cats which rather mess the floor. For myself, I have the Flash mop with disposable cloth. With lots of rugs about I have very little floor space to clean now.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top