Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 09:32 AM

Re: Home Grown

I love this time of year - last night we had lamb steaks with home grown peas, chantenay carrots and new potatoes - heaven!

lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 09:34 AM

Looks so wonderful!!!

To my garden veggies: Hurry up damnit!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I love this time of year - last night we had lamb steaks with home grown peas, chantenay carrots and new potatoes - heaven!
They look lovely Mick Yum!!!

I do enjoy being able to go out every morning to pick a bowl of strawberries for breakfast , they taste wonderful compared with the ones in the shops.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 09:40 AM

Today we will be eating..........roast chicken, home grown spuds, home grown courgettes, home grown cauliflower and carrots, they are not home grown as my garden is heavy clay soil and not suitable for carrots or parsnips. For afters we'll be having home grown gooseberries in a crumble with custard.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Today we will be eating..........roast chicken, home grown spuds, home grown courgettes, home grown cauliflower and carrots, they are not home grown as my garden is heavy clay soil and not suitable for carrots or parsnips. For afters we'll be having home grown gooseberries in a crumble with custard.
Sounds lovely Alan (apart from the chicken )
My gooseberries aren't quite ready but I am looking forward to them in a few days time..
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 09:44 AM

Oh you wonderful people! Just keep rubbing it in that I don't have fresh anything yet.
Enjoy your goodies!
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 10:39 AM

Have already picked loads of strawberries which are being eaten fresh, bottled, jam and in the freezer for whatever.
Yesterday we, OH and self, brought home from the allotment, carrots, sugar snap peas, lettuce, multi coloured beetroots and young beetroot tops.
A very satisfying day
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->

What a beautiful basket of veggies..
Well done MickB...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top