Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 06:48 PM

Wasps Nest

DD - (Darling Daughter) went up to my house today to borrow something out of the shed. Got a text from her this afternoon telling me I have a wasps nest inside my shed hanging from the roof.

My question is do I ignore them and let them be, or should I call an exterminator?
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 06:58 PM

Re: Wasps Nest

Both my daughter and my sister had a wasps nest one in the cavity wall and the other in the roof. The one in the roof was left alone and the wasps went around September time but my daughter had the exterminators in and that rattled a few wasps and they came in the house but after a couple of days all was quiet.
I suppose it depends how often you need to go in the shed!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 07:09 PM

If the nest is not to big ,knock it off and run..we had to do this several times before they got the message and went else where..funny thing is they have returned since we moved out and present tenant has asked us whether we were ever bothered with them
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 07:11 PM

.... and your answer, Eliza?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
.... and your answer, Eliza?
Same as above to knock it off and ruunnn
cranberry
Notts, UK

07-07-2014, 07:27 PM

Not sure I'd dare!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

07-07-2014, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Not sure I'd dare!
O i didnt , i left it to Hubby and adult son ,,something funny about seeing grown men running up the garden path in fear of a wasp attack.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
O i didnt , i left it to Hubby and adult son ,,something funny about seeing grown men running up the garden path in fear of a wasp attack.
Love that Eliza... as your husband and son are now experienced in the field of wasp slaying ..... do you think they'd want to have another go!
cranberry
Notts, UK

07-07-2014, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Yes, I can see how that would be entertaining!!!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 09:48 PM

I found 2 nests in my shed but they were quite new, in fact I didn't know they were nests at first. I just saw these white hanging oval shapes so I hit them with a stick and a couple of wasps flew out! it shook me up as I'm terrified of them.
I had noticed the roof covering seemed to have been cut but the blighters had done it to gain access!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top