Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 06:59 PM

Re: Wasps Nest

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I hate wasps,
What are they for?
In hot weather
They come indoors

They have no good points
And are spiteful things
They come straight for you
To deliver their stings

In this country
We have twenty sorts
In my opinion
that’s nineteen more than we ought.

We have nests in our roof
It makes me afraid
They’re just biding their time
Until they’re ready to rave.

Forty five quid it cost last time
To get rid of these wasps of mine
What good do they do, I asked the man
Well you called me out in my little van

So now you know
From the horses mouth
It gives a nice job
To this man in the south
Excellent Robert it's good to see the words flowing again
Sabrena
greater/manchester
Sabrena is female  Sabrena has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sabrena ->
my son found a waspe nest in the shed at weekend a man is going to come on thursday to remove it we will have to pay but don,t no how much yet will see
the man who came about the wasp nest quoted over £100 told him no thanks some one told my son to put ant powder on them it did the trick but to be on the safe side HE bought some stuff from B/Q when he putt it on they just melted hope they don.t come back
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 10:54 PM

As caricature has said unless they are annoying leave alone as they will be gone in the Autumn. The Queen will move on to form another nest. We had a nest inside the ceiling of the porch. They were getting in and out through a small hole. Every time someone came to the front door they were attacked, as we were when entering or leaving, so we had to call in the council pest control.

Wasps will also destroy wooden garden furniture as they strip wood to make their nest.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2014, 07:37 AM

Useful information here. When I cleared the rubbish on my allotment bed the other week, right down to three scaffolding boards that I have on the ground, I disturbed a probable wasp nest underneath. I kept away from them as they flew in and out angrily.

However, I will want to remove the boards within a week as they may be borrowed by a building as shuttering for a concrete base. I just hope there's nothing nasty hanging on the underside of the boards if I were to lift them up.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2014, 10:36 AM

Easy Jazzi - let someone else lift them up for you.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 05:55 PM

This will make you shiver (6' x 5' wasp nest!)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...pub-attic.html
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 06:42 PM

Wasps are actually gardener`s friends as they eat loads of potential pests. It`s only later on in the year that they become `pests` as they seek sugars from your ripe fruit-then they seem to get a bit drunk.
eddie
shropshire UK
eddie is female  eddie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 06:45 PM

I don't like wasps, but the nests they make can be quite beautiful. This was an empty nest hubby took out of our loft.

AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 06:53 PM

Its amazing the intricacies of the nests wasps & bees make!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
This will make you shiver (6' x 5' wasp nest!)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...pub-attic.html
Yikes! That is scary !

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top