Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2015, 10:55 PM

Never deal with this company

Idealworld .tv

I ordered a karcher k2 pressure washer and in the advertised kit was a t50 pastio cleaner which did not arrive.

I have phoned then twice before tonight and emailed them twice as well and this is what I just received

Ideal Logo

Dear Mr.

Thank you for your recent email.

We sincerely apologise for the delay in replying to your query and for any inconvenience this has caused.

We are writing with reference to your order OW****** placed on the 21/12/2014.

We would like to inform you that this order is delivered on 24/12/2014 at 12:00.

The tracking numbers are RHM***** and RMW*****

Should you have any further questions in relation to your query please respond to this email quoting Ref: SA*****3X. If you would prefer to call us, please refer to the contact us page on our web site www.idealworld.tv to find the telephone number you require.

Yours Sincerely,

Joanna Fernandes

Ideal Shopping
Customer Service Department

my reply to customer.servi.

Obviously you have not read my previous email

The T50 patio cleaner was NOT sent with the product. Check the Despatch note against the order No and you will find it is missing off it.Failure to provide the missing item within14 days of this email will result in my having to seek legal advice and a possible county court action taken against you
.Further to my telephone conversation om 1/1/2015 at 18.00 hours I have been assured it will be dispatched. Therefore if I do not receive it on or before the 14/1/2015 expect a prosecution may well follow subject to my solicitors advice.

I don't think ,or can't remember every having to chase up a missing item so much. The way your company deals with orders is a total disgrace , maybe someone from head office did an undercover boss trip to find out what is going wrong. Needless to say apart from being very angry to receive this email from someone total incompetetent ie Joanna Fermandes, who can't even be bothered to check the facts first, if she worked in my past company she would be on a dismissal notice warning.

I also gave them
both barrels on the phone this evening and been reassured it will be sent with a £5 voucher. You know what they can do with that

This was supposed to be a complete assured delivery before Christmas. Not only have they failed to deliver every item but they are in breach of contract - obtaining money under false pretence for starters

In fact enough to bring a prosecution against them.

But I know the law somewhat and I am obliged to give then due warning of my intent. This can be either 14 or 21 days notice which is what I have done
So now wait and see

previous email

12/24/14 (8 days ago)

to customer.servi.
Re order no OW **** product code 331879000.000

Order placed on the 20 December 2014 with a guaranteed delivery before christmas according to the TV program of that date.

Just to confirm re phone call today that there is a missing T50 Patio cleaner from the delivery and you will be sending the missing item ASAP. A;; other items on the order arrived ok just this one that was not included in the package

Thank you for your attention here and on the telephone
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2015, 02:42 PM

Re: Never deal with this company

I don't know this company as I don't buy off of the TV. Saying that
if they are saying it was delivered on the 24th at 12.00 then you need
to ask for a copy of the signed receipt and see whose signature is on it.
If you were not there at home at that time and you were away then you can state that. Or did they take it to a neighbour, this information should be given to you to prove what they are saying. If they haven't got that info then you have a good case of non delivery which you should get your money on. I would go for asking for my money back before you go the legal way as it costs too much. Good luck.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2015, 07:46 PM

Much as I regret adding salt to the wound I have to say that Karcher themselves do appear to have an awful policy of only gearing-up production runs on receipt of orders rather than having stocks.

This policy has become more and more common over the past few years with even well-known companies doing much the same thing - advance selling it is known, and it is a piss-poor way to run a business IMHO! stevmk2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2015, 08:03 PM

Bowie

they only delivered part order the dispatch note left off one item which I am in dispute with . Last time i rang them they admitted it was left off and going to send the item together with a £5 voucher. Just have to wait and see.

legal advice won't cost that much as my son is doing his 3rd yr law degree

Steve you are so right

same with cars they make to order like most things, it cuts out the storage costs and having items left on the shelf.

This is one of the problem with modern living, built to order- don't have repairs as they often cost more than buying new. It is now a throwaway world which to me is wasteful
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2015, 08:12 PM

Hi Bazza ...
We sincerely apologise for the delay in replying to your query and for any inconvenience this has caused.

We are writing with reference to your order OW****** placed on the 21/12/2014.

We would like to inform you that this order is delivered on 24/12/2014 at 12:00.

The tracking numbers are RHM***** and RMW*****
I think anyone who orders an item so close to Christmas is taking a chance on not having it delivered very quickly particularly if you take into account the well-publicised delays in delivery.

I appreciate a mistake was made and part of your order failed to arrive (not surprising really all things considered) but it appears to me that the company have handled your complaint quickly and efficiently considering the time of year.

they only delivered part order the dispatch note left off one item which I am in dispute with . Last time i rang them they admitted it was left off and going to send the item together with a £5 voucher. Just have to wait and see.
Apologies if I am missing something here or have misunderstood your post but if I was in a similar position I would feel I had little to complain about.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

02-01-2015, 08:21 PM

Meg
normally I would agree but the company on TV promised all ordered items would be delivered in time for Christmas, and this didn't come.

So on that basis alone as they accepted my order they are in breach of contract. Consequently i get email saying everything was sent but now admit this particular item was left off so they have breached their advertising code of conduct and sale of goods act and obtaining money under false pretence and that is just 4 points of law they have broken and no doubt if I thought about it I could find more.

A lot of people would just say "why bother" and that is how they get away with it.
Unfortunately for them they have tried it on with the wrong person and if I have to take the legal route I would add those costs to my claim.

The whole point of the exercise is to try and give those up the top a huge kick up the backside and get them to pay more attention to what they are doing instead of sitting in large offices with no doubt a dolly blonde on their knee drinking whisky.

Have you seen the program under cover boss ? all that took part had no idea of what went on on the ground floor and were shocked to find out what actually was happening.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2015, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Meg
normally I would agree but the company on TV promised all ordered items would be delivered it time for Christmas, and this didn't come.

So on that basis alone as they accepted my order they are in breach of contract. Consequently i get email saying everything was sent but now admit this particular item was left off so they have breached their advertising code of conduct and sale of goods act and obtaining money under false pretence and that is just 4 points of law they have broken and no doubt if I thought about it I could find more.

A lot of people would just say "why bother" and that is how they get away with it.
Unfortunately for them they have tried it on with the wrong person and if I have to take the legal route I would add those costs to my claim.
Bazza I would not take the word of a TV advertisement, they are not in control of product deliveries.

I am not sure that anyone 'tried it on', part of a delivery went missing, it happens and the company concerned have taken your word for it and agreed to rectify the problem .
If the item now fails to arrive I think you will have something to complain about .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

02-01-2015, 08:34 PM

Meg
I don't disagree with you and prepared to wait now, but they didn't have to take my word for it.Eventually they crosschecked the order against their dispatch note and it was left off.
However a good company relies on good customer relations and feed back. Having owned my own business for 21 years there is nothing more important than the clients/customers. Without them the company is useless.

Customers come first-second and third before anything else unfortunately this lesson is so overlooked no matter the size of the company involved.

Once getting a bad reputation it can take many years to get it back which with my company we were so careful about and the clients were ALWAYS right even if they were wrong.

The boarding kennels we took over had less than 300 clients on the books, when we sold we were heading toward 6,000 clients. Not trying to boast but goes to show do it right each and every time is the only way to go
Not a bad client build up with a catchement area of under 10 miles around.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

02-01-2015, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Meg
I don't disagree with you and prepared to wait now, but they didn't have to take my word for it.Eventually they crosschecked the order against their dispatch note and it was left off.
However a good company relies on good customer relations and feed back. Having owned my own business for 21 years there is nothing more important than the clients/customers. Without them the company is useless.

Customers come first-second and third before anything else unfortunately this lesson is so overlooked no matter the size of the company involved.

Once getting a bad reputation it can take many years to get it back which with my company we were so careful about and the clients were ALWAYS right even if they were wrong.

The boarding kennels we took over had less than 300 clients on the books, when we sold we were heading toward 6,000 clients. Not trying to boast but goes to show do it right each and every time is the only way to go
Not a bad client build up with a catchement area of under 10 miles around.
Bazza I too ran my own successful businesses , my son also started and runs a hugely successful business so I am fully aware of building a reputation and having good customer relations. I am also aware that there are occasions where mistakes are made and providing those mistakes are rectified I am prepared to cut people a little slack taking into account the circumstances mentioned in my previous post .

My son took me for a meal on Tuesday to a hotel which is usually very good . The service was like something out of Faulty Towers I could have stamped my feet and made a fuss but I didn't because of the time of year and knowing the difficulties this can cause.

I spent three weeks and numerous phone calls trying to order an item for Christmas from the usually efficient John Lewis stores , again I took into account the fact that they may have employed temporary staff for christmas so didn't complain.

I am the first to complain when there is a genuine problem but I do like to be fair too.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

02-01-2015, 09:21 PM

so we are generally in agreement Meg. Now I have pulled is it your place or mine. Joking of course

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top