Join for free
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 10:20 AM

Beats Me !

When some weird dumbo makes ludicrous accusations against a high profile person, do all sections of or media fall over themselves to chew the non-subject to death ? Beats me !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 10:23 AM

Re: Beats Me !

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon ->
When some weird dumbo makes ludicrous accusations against a high profile person, do all sections of or media fall over themselves to chew the non-subject to death ? Beats me !
....yes that is clearly so, the modern equivalent of gossiping around the village pump.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 10:46 AM

It's our own faults really buying the papers, reading them on line we encourage them IMO
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 11:11 AM

Its a combination of the media, and what the general public want to hear. Some people just love gossip and speculation. The most of it being a load of twaddle.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 11:35 AM

The subject certainly took off on here, what does that make us ?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 03:35 PM

Wonder if the kids who reported Saville were thought of as weird or dumbos at the time they reported abuse. ? None of us know or will know anything unless there is actual evidence to the allegation. Until them i will continue to dislike all the royals but not blame him for something as yet unproven.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
....yes that is clearly so, the modern equivalent of gossiping around the village pump.
I loved that
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Wonder if the kids who reported Saville were thought of as weird or dumbos at the time they reported abuse. ? .
Oh yes ? what about the Sir Cliff debacle ? lots of forum members saying "no smoke without fire" , "Always thought he was too squeaky clean to be real" , " Never did trust his religious attitude".. Gone quiet hasn't it , BBC crept away after being savaged by the House of Commons Select Committee, Northampton Police put back in their box after a severe rogering and having to apologise, just leaves Solicitors beavering away on the SCR lawsuit for defamation and damages and Sir Cliff himself stating he will never set foot in the UK again. All in the name of sensationalistic media hype. Fantastic.
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN
Madamenotmiss is female  Madamenotmiss has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 08:37 PM

Kim Kardashian and co springs immediately to mind - she is on every cover of every magazine here, ditto for online sites, newspapers, famous for absolutely nothing at all. Insane.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top