Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 01:18 AM

Hudl

I've been thinking I'd like a tablet for some while now but didn't want anything too complicated (or expensive) After much dithering I've just ordered a Hudl 2nd edition from Tesco online.

Have any members on here got one - what do you reckon to it?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 09:22 AM

Re: Hudl

I'm using the new one now Carol. I love it, although it doesn't allow me to watch some video clips. That's the only drawback.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 09:31 AM

The Hudl has had good reviews, especially from my computer magazine, so you should be ok.

Hope you enjoy it. I take my tablet on long bus or train journeys, supposedly to read a book on the Kindle app, but spend all the time on the bubble breaker! I've transferred tv progs recorded on my desktop tv, downloaded from youtube, I have music on it. The camera part is crap but mine cost just under £100 so you get what you pay for.

It's light enough for me to carry out and about (get yourself a cover to protect it), it has an expandable card slot (I got one), and can connect to wifi. I hope to take it away on holidays with me, rather than my expensive iPad, or netbook. both quite heavy. I got an Acer.

Let us know what you think, Carol.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 09:50 AM

Will do Jazzi. I collect it from my local Tesco store on Monday.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Will do Jazzi. I collect it from my local Tesco store on Monday.
That's triffic!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 10:40 AM

I got a nice bright pink one Carol
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I'm using the new one now Carol. I love it, although it doesn't allow me to watch some video clips. That's the only drawback.
I am assuming it is an Android device. Have you tried installing MX player or VLC? They play just about anything
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I've got an Asus tablet and I love it ... I've downloaded VLC player for android but I still can't play facebook videos and some youtube videos .... the way round this is to change the "www" on the URL to "m" and then they will play
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

10-01-2015, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
I've got an Asus tablet and I love it ... I've downloaded VLC player for android but I still can't play facebook videos and some youtube videos .... the way round this is to change the "www" on the URL to "m" and then they will play
Good tip myrtle, thanks.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

10-01-2015, 11:59 AM

[QUOTE=Bruce;588451]I am assuming it is an Android device. Have you tried installing MX player or VLC? They play just about anything[/QUOTE

It is. Thanks for that Bruce ]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top