Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 11:14 PM

Re: Hudl

Carol, with my Acer tablet I learned that I had to just swipe it to the side. Try it.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 11:14 PM

Carol, touch the padlock and slide it to the left with your finger.........
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 11:24 PM

Alice, I texted her and she said it worked! Great news.

I didn't want her to put it away and spend the night frustrated.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 11:49 PM

Thanks Jazzi. You saved me from pulling my hair out!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

14-01-2015, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Thanks Jazzi. You saved me from pulling my hair out!!
Alice had the right idea too.

But I am pleased it was a simple solution.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

14-01-2015, 09:46 AM

Some years ago when I set up my wireless router, upgrading from the modem supplied by Orange many years before, I was flummoxed when, after following step by step instructions the set up couldn't be completed.

I WAS tearing my hair out, so as I closed all windows on the screen, buried right at the bottom, which I hadn't noticed, was a window asking me for codes: VCI and VPI. I'd never heard of them!

So reconnecting the old modem I did an internet search, and techies will know this. They are codes assigned to countries, and once I found the ones for UK, and entered them on the screen, voila! Success!!!!

But though my computer magazine has published a separate magazine for wifi, and other articles, not once have I seen these codes mentioned. Did it only apply to me, for some reason? Or have people.just not mentioned it over the years, preferring to keep quiet about it? Without entering them (VCI 38 VPI 0) I'd never have got connected.

Food for thought.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Huh oh!! I'm down at the first hurdle. I'm nicely following the onscreen instructions for my new Hudl but for some reason it won't connect to my internet. I'm at a standstill - don't know what to do.

I keep getting a notice 'authentication problems'

Grrrrrrr - knew it was too good to be true!!!
Feeling really fed up!!
Funny thing was I had a similar but more embarrassing problem. I have a 'wireless extender' in the back room of my house which basically takes the internet down as far as the bottom of my garden and covers the weaks spots at the back of the house that the main router doesn't reach.

I recently changed the set up slightly - when my kids were down a couple of weeks ago they complained that they could connect to the main router but not the extender. I told them that it was still the same password blah blah but they still said they could not connect. Eventually I got out my laptop to check the password in the set up only to discover that I not only had I changed it but I hadn't written the new password down anywhere (though I was abe to view it in the laptop). Whoops!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top